Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Bug UCS 5.4.0.5841 - Stuck to the welcome message after upgrade

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Bug UCS 5.4.0.5841 - Stuck to the welcome message after upgrade

Hello AlexVL,

Yes there will be a UC Software 5.4.0A but I have no release date for this that I can communicate in this community.

Have you got the MAC address of the Phone that you logged the issue with your reseller or the Polycom ticket reference ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 11 of 20
Frequent Advisor

It seems that there is the same problem with the 5.3.1.0436?
Maybe because I was 5.4, not yet been able to test on a phone in 5.3.0, but after the downgrade from 5.4.0.5841 to 5.3.1.0436, the phone gets stuck on the message, until press the home button

Message 12 of 20

Hello Doum,

That is possible as 5.3.1 may be the same build branch as 5.4.0

In order for us to track this officially please raise a ticket via support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 13 of 20
Regular Advisor

I have a case open with Polycom on this.  We use Lync PIN auth and BToE.  Every phone we have tested updating to 5.3.1 and 5.4 has this issue.  Our phones connected to Asterisk do not have this issue.

Message 14 of 20
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Polycom support confirmed that this is a known issue with 5.3.1 and 5.4.0 and should be resolved in 5.4.0a.  They gave me an ETA of "a few weeks".  

I have noticed that many of the phones that had this issue right after the upgrade now function normally after a restart.  So the problem might auto correct eventually. 

Message 15 of 20
Frequent Advisor

The problem doesn't "auto correct" here

do you have a release date scheduled for a version that corrects this?

Message 16 of 20

Hello Doum,

we do not publish planned Software release dates in this community but I have reached out to your Polycom sales engineers to they can work with you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 17 of 20
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Steffen

Message 18 of 20
Regular Advisor

For anyone following this thread. 5.4.0A (5.4.0.10182 ) Has been released.

Message 19 of 20
Occasional Advisor

And now (with 5.4.0.10182) we're stuck on the "Congratulations you've logged in successfully" screen and being asked to configure our phones on every login.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Skype-for-Business/Time-and-Date-Initial-Setup/m-p/76278#M63

Message 20 of 20