Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Noticed a couple of bugs.

1. Registration label seems to be broken. When I set thte label to be the extension e.g. "100", it instead display SoundPoint IP"

<reg
reg.1.address="100.xxx"
reg.1.displayName="100.xxx"
reg.1.type="private"
reg.1.auth.password="100.xxx"
reg.1.auth.userId="100.xxx"
reg.1.label="100"
reg.2.address=""
reg.2.auth.password=""
reg.2.auth.userId=""
reg.2.label="">
</reg>

2. Disabling the MyBuddies and MyStat softkey arn't working. the softkeys still get displayed.

<softkey softkey.1.action="" softkey.1.enable="0" softkey.1.insert="0" softkey.1.label="" softkey.1.precede="0" softkey.1.use.active="0" softkey.1.use.alerting="0" softkey.1.use.dialtone="0" softkey.1.use.hold="0" softkey.1.use.idle="0" softkey.1.use.proceeding="0" softkey.1.use.setup="0" softkey.2.action="" softkey.2.enable="0" softkey.2.insert="0" softkey.2.label="" softkey.2.precede="0" softkey.2.use.active="0" softkey.2.use.alerting="0" softkey.2.use.dialtone="0" softkey.2.use.hold="0" softkey.2.use.idle="0" softkey.2.use.proceeding="0" softkey.2.use.setup="0">
    <softkey.feature softkey.feature.buddies="0" softkey.feature.callers="0" softkey.feature.callers.SPIP235T="1" softkey.feature.callers.SPIP321="1" softkey.feature.callers.SPIP331="1" softkey.feature.callers.SPIP335="1" softkey.feature.directories="0" softkey.feature.directories.SPIP235T="1" softkey.feature.directories.SPIP321="1" softkey.feature.directories.SPIP331="1" softkey.feature.directories.SPIP335="1" softkey.feature.directories.SSIP7000="1" softkey.feature.endcall="1" softkey.feature.forward="1" softkey.feature.join="1" softkey.feature.mystatus="0" softkey.feature.newcall="1" softkey.feature.split="1">
      <softkey.feature.basicCallManagement softkey.feature.basicCallManagement.redundant="1">
      </softkey.feature.basicCallManagement>
    </softkey.feature>
  </softkey>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

<pres pres.idleSoftKeys="0" solves it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Simon-Tran,

I have not personally come around to find the same Issue but I would suggest the following:

• Check the exact UCS Software Version especially the 4.0.1.xxxxx Part as a wrong release was uploaded. The correct one should be 4.0.1.13681
  • Upload you configuration from your phone via the GUI or create a Backup from the Web Interface and check the content
  • Check your Log Files and via the Status Menu in the Gui if your Configuration contains any issues
  • Raise this with Reseller as two separate issues to be forwarded to Polycom Support and provide all files used and the app/boo log files

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

<pres pres.idleSoftKeys="0" solves it.

HP Recommended

Hello Simon,

thanks for getting back but you failed to answer or follow up on my original reply.

• Did you check the Log files for Errors ?
  • Did you check the Menu => Status => Platform => Configuration for any errors, duplicates or ignored Parameters ?

For your first Issue I have never experienced this and I can only advise you to format the file system and load a vanilla configuration on the Phone to ensure that your configuration is XML conform (Check with Microsoft's free XML Notepad!) and that there are no errors in the Log File.

For your second Issue, what are you actually trying to archive. The Buddies etc are not shown on a Vanilla Configuration ( I do this on a daily basis).

Have you got feature.presence.enabled ? I cannot see this in the snipped you posted.

As in my original reply if you still believe this is a bug raise this with Reseller as two separate issues to be forwarded to Polycom Support or raise it with Polycom Support directly via PPI (Pay Per Incident) and provide all files used and the app/boot log files.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.