Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We added contacts to Favorites in Lync Client and they filled out the screen of the phone and screens on Expansion modules.  (Not sure if this is the correct way to add contacts to Expansion module, but this is the large organization and we cannot do them all manually).

The problem is that first few names are on the phone (VVX500), not on Expansion module and, when receptionist is trying to transfer the caller, she cannot see the contacts that on the phone. Only people that on Expansion modules. How can I configure that contacts are only on the Expansion modules and not on the phone?

I cannot find an answer. Firmware v. 5.4. We use FTP server to distribute the firmware and configuration for the phones.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello KPABA,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Could you be so kind and first update your old post's or mark them as a solution provided if the reply did help before posting new questions?

In addition have you yet sorted out the license issue if using LYNC with the Polycom phones?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Updated tickets.

Bought Lync licenses ( I said about this in one of my previuos replies).

Based on your answer, does it mean I cannot post anything new until old ticket is closed, even if I did not receive any help?

Usually your answer is to contact my reseller. This is not the answer. My reseller contacts you every time I ask something. Why do you have forum here. Just post the message: "TALK TO YOUR RESELLER".

When I post question on forum (any forum, but this one), I receive help.

HP Recommended

Hello KPABA,

some of your posts received replies but you still never provided an update.

In addition a license is required to utilize the UC Software with LYNC if not using LYNC enabled Phone's that can be ordered.

In addition you are also mistaking this community. Posting here is not raising a Ticket

I have already explained this in detail in one of your other todays posts so I do not need to go over this again.

You may want to check the Community FAQ for answers as well as an example:

Jan 12, 2012 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  Line, BLF, Speed Dial and Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.