Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have tried to install my C100S (Communicator 100 for Skype) in a Windows 7 laptop for over a month with no success.  None of the lights work as described, and VOIP does not work.  Sometimes I am able to get the speakers and microphone to work but usually they don't work either.  The diagnostics in the communicator driver don't work either.

I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers and the most recent version of Skype.

There does not seem to be a Windows 7 FAQ like the ones for Windows XP to help with setting up the sound and microphone system.  That said, the lights don't work either so I'm not sure that will help.  

The Windows 7 device manager says that the unit is working and that no problems are found.

In desperation, I tried using it with another laptop running Windows XP.  No problems at all.  It works absolutely GREAT!!!  So there is nothing wrong with the unit itself.  But that is a very old laptop with a broken hinge and I don't want to use it.

Does anyone happen to have a WIndows 7 setup and troubleshooting guide?

Any other help would be appreciated too.

Cheers!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

It would seem that even though the 3.0.0.29 driver is cited to be for Windows 7 64 bit, it is trying to install a Vista 64 bit driver and then wont work.  Can someone there provide a poper windows 7 64 bit driver.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on a laptop, cannot install and use at all.

On my desktop (also same as laptop win7 x64, fully patched) I have the problem that the audio service periodically stops and I have to restart it to get the C100S to start working again, including replugging the device.

There appears to be no new version and no way to find out what is wrong. Will the driver be frozen at this version or is there any possibility for debugging what is wrong?

My driver version listed in device manager is Date 3/15/2010 (quite old) and Version 7.0.6000.5. This was installed from the download  plcm_communicator_v3_0_0_29.exe

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem. The device works on a Vista laptop but when I install/connect to a W 7 64-bit it works for 30 seconds and then the Windows Audio Services is closed down.

I have bought it for the desktop so the situation is a real nuisance and I want to return the device.

HP Recommended

Sorry Ken that is not enough. Please provide a solution. I have reported to the reseller in Sweden (Dustin) and they wre not happy.

HP Recommended

Hello iggelin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If you have an issue with your C100S you must work with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

Alternatively follow the details in my signature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The drivers supplied with software will not load into my 32 bit win 7 laptop. All that Polywog shows is the software to download but no drivers on their own. How do i get the driver to install on a laptop???

HP Recommended

glad it's available and i installed it but the driver did not install.

HP Recommended

After three hours trying to do work arounds loading Polycom software and drivers to older Win 7 32 bit PC, as drivers were not being loaded, I finally was able to do so in order to make it work by not using your software and drivers. Nice if you guys would have included this in your notices.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.