Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Purchase a new laptop running 64-bit Windows 7. I downloaded the latest drivers for Windows 7. No matter what I do, any microphone connected to the laptop echos to the Polycom C100S. Even when I disable the microphone on the C100S and use the built in microphone of the laptop, anything I say is echoed to the C100S

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Echo is almost always caused by the site you are calling.  Your voice goes out into that room and is somehow fed back into the mic so you hear your voice as if it was coming from the far end.  Echo cancellation at the far end is supposed to prevent this from happening. If there is a delay in the time your voice enters that room and the echo cancellation timer, then you will hear your self come back to you.

If the mic is too close to the speaker then the speaker may be overpowering the echo cancellation and you will hear your voice back.

If the room is large and has echo then you may hear your voice come back.

HP Recommended

If you are unable to solve the echo problem by reducing volume and keeping distance between spk/mic, you can try the following solution: on your windows machine, do far-end echo cancellation using echo cancelling software like SoliCall Pro.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

judging by the original post and the lack of comments to the replies I can only assume that the original posters means that everything that is spoken into the built in microphone of the laptop is echoed out of the C100S speaker.

Would you be able to confirm this and have you contacted your PC Manufacturer or the support team of the Operating system that you are using?

Does the C100S work with the SKYPE application?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.