Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK

Any chance that the status for Windows 8 support (or development of Windows 8 software) has changed for this product?  Half my project team have had to go back to their old headsets and the other half have had to look for alternative solutions. Certainly, as a strategic MS partner we can do better.

Kind regards.

HP Recommended

Hello dukejp,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you see my reply on the 19.11.2012 => here <= ?

This was only about a little more than a month ago and has not changed.

Please work with your Polycom Reseller as described in this FAQ post here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above is an example for changes to the Polycom Phone Software but can be used for all Polycom products.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ok I might have it working on Win8 x64 without echo.

The installer comprises a diagnostic program, drivers and a wrapper program.

The minimum needed should be just the driver and any specific files required.

On the Win7 install it dropped an INF file in c:\windows\inf. On the one I checked it was called oem111.inf.

The file can be opened in notepad to confirm it was the Polycom driver script. It references a couple of Polycom dll files and I believe the rest required are likely to be Microsoft default ones. Search for PolycomPropPageExt.dll and PolycomAPODll.dll and grab them. These 3 files should hopefully comprise a valid set of drivers. I put them on the desktop of a clean (no attempt at C100S install) and plugged it in. Seems to work on Skype ok. I had another Win8x64 that I had stuffed with the installer. I deleted the device and driver in device manager and used the 3 files to install. It worked and I also had the diagnostic working too.

HP Recommended

Has anyone tried the suggest on getting the drivers to work on Windows 8?

I tried to follow the instructions, but my Win8 lappy doesn't want to know.

I know that it has been stated on here that these devices are now 7 years old ..... but hey, that really isn't that old, and you can still buy them new on Amazon. So if you can buy them new, they really ought to support Windows 8.

Is there any news on updating them? I doubt it would take very long at all to create a beta test for us to try out 🙂

Thanks,

Brian.

HP Recommended

Hello BrianP6,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As explained already on multiple occasions, there is no current Windows 8 support available or advertised for the C100S.

The product is still sold with support for the tested operating systems and Windows 8 is currently not one of them.

The software development for this product was made years ago and at present there are no plans, to my knowledge, to start developing a newer driver in order to support Windows 8.

I have brought this discussion to the attention of the relevant product manager in addition for the team to make an executive decision.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.