Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm running and can download the latest version 5.9.12.1122. I'd like to test downgrading to version 5.9.12.1111, but can't find a download link. Version 5.9.12.1111 is not available in the web portal.

HP Recommended

Hello @daveyboy  and @DavidStradley 

The software is not 5.9.12.1111. This is a typo on Microsoft's end. The official software is 5.9.12.1122

We try to work with them to get this fixed.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem where Microsoft Teams tech support will not help me with a Teams firmware upgrade issue for CCX 600 unless the firmware is 5.9.12.1111 because that is what their web site says: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-ip-phones

But the new CCX 600 came with 5.9.12.1122. 

The CCX is running a 2019 Teams versions but we need to upgrade to the most recent 2020 firmware where Favorites and other options were introduced (1449/1.0.94.2020031901).

It is now two months later and the version typo (5.9.12.1122 vs 5.9.12.1111) is still not fixed!?

Two vendors pointing fingers: Microsoft <> Poly.

This may result in my client selecting another vendor's phone models if they have less issues with Teams admin management. And that would be a unfortunate since I would like them to use the Poly CCX series!

HP Recommended

Hello @P.Oettinger ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I have forwarded this to the relevant team and am awaiting their feedback.

You are correct the software is 5.9.12.1122.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @P.Oettinger , @DavidStradley  @daveyboy  and @kweegup ,

The latest 5.9.13.0306 release for the CCX500 and CCX600 should be available via the Teams Admin centre.

This adds the latest Teams IP Phone features from April 2020 to our phones.

The Poly support site will be updated.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you. I was able to upgrade the CCX models we test to 5.9.13.0306. They are now registered properly in the Teams admin center, the Teams version is also upgraded to 1449/1.0.94.2020040801 which finally provides the new look & feel including Favorites that we were waiting for.

Why does Microsoft list different Teams versions for Desk phones than what Poly provides now?

On Microsoft's support page they list & support:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/what-s-new-in-microsoft-teams-d7092a6d-c896-424c-b362-a472d...

• February 2020, Desk phone Teams version:  1449/1.0.94.2020020601
  • April 2020, Desk phone Teams version:  1449/1.0.94.2020031901

But Poly has now installed a different version:  1449/1.0.94.2020040801

I just want to avoid another situation where Microsoft lists & supports one version and Poly installs another Teams version. Why is that?

Also, I was under the assumption that with Teams, Microsoft would be responsible for the Teams upgrade on the Desk Phones. Is that not the case? Is Poly responsible for the firmware upgrade AND the Teams version upgrade? Does the Teams version upgrade always come with the Poly firmware upgrade? And is that the same for the Company Portal App version?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello @P.Oettinger ,

We work with our Partner Microsoft to add their builds into our Firmware.

Microsoft supplies us with the Teams IP Phone app and all the other applications like the Company portal which we then bundle into our UC Software.

The UC Software build which our Partner Microsoft approved via their TAP was UC Software 5.9.13.0306

Within this build Microsoft supplied:

• Version: 1449/1.0.94.2020040801
  • Calling Version: 2020.10.01.1
  • Admin Agent Version: 1.0.0202004080400
  • Company Portal Version: 5.0.4715.0
  • Partner Agent Version: 1.0.15

The build currently available via the admin.teams.microsoft.com portal is supplied and supported by Microsoft.

I am unsure about their version numbering on their support page as this is not our responsibility.

We have not yet updated our own support page to host UC Software 5.9.13.0306

Once this has been done there will be an announcement within the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen.

The firmware upgrade to 5.9.13.0306 and with that the Teams upgrade to 1449/1.0.94.2020040801 fixed my problems and we now have the Teams features & functions we were looking for.

Your explanation how Microsoft and Poly work together also helped to better understand how the two companies work together.

And I just noticed that now the new 5.9.13.0306 firmware is also available on the Poly support site.

Thank you again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.