Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CX 600 Dial string times out quickly

Polycom Employee

CX 600 Dial string times out quickly

Regarding the CX600 phones specifically, I was recently asked if the time limit for the dialing string; specifically for dialing 7-digit USA numbers, could be extended.

For example, the user tried to dial (555) 555-5555, looked away from the phone to confirm the number, during the 3-second pause, the dial string had timed out, giving the user this error: "Cannot reach the number as dialed. Please hang up the call and try again."

The request was that the user would like for the time allowed to dial a number to be extended before the call times out.

If the Customer dials the full 7-digit numeric string without pausing, the CX phone does accept the number and successfully place a call.

I walked through the documentation for the CX phones, confirming that this is not a feature nor a setting of the CX phone itself- therefore confirming that the issue is originating within the user's LYNC 2010 deployment.

What I am curious about, is if Microsoft has addressed the issue and if so, is there a Microsoft forum documenting this issue that the user could reference to gain a better handle on the issue when troubleshooting with the Microsoft technician?

Thank you,

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CX 600 Dial string times out quickly

Hi,

the correct forum for CX related issues would be => here <=

Please remember that the CX phones are based on a Microsoft reference design and run a Microsoft Software (Windows CE).

All Software for the CX Phones is provided and hosted by Microsoft and a change to the current design would need to be requested from Microsoft directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2