Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am running a CX100 with Microsoft Lync 2010 on a 64-bit Windows 7 platform.  The receivers on my calls (other CX-100s) all hear their echo when talking to me.  I don't have any problems on the sender end, and no other users seem to have this problem with their devices when talking to anyone except me.  I have tried turning off all other input/output devices, and turning the volume down to minimum levels, but to no avail.  Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks, John.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLVED!  For some reason TTY mode was turned on.  I turned it off, restarted, and the echo went away!  The sound quality also improved!

Below is the Lync 2010 description of what can happen with TTY turned on:

"Text telephone (TTY) mode is used for text communication over a telephone line. A TTY device must be connected to the computer to interpret the modified audio; otherwise you might experience poor audio quality during the call. Using TTY mode in a conference call might also cause audio quality issues.

By default, TTY mode is turned off. You can turn on TTY mode by clicking Phones in the Lync - Options dialog box. You will then need to sign out of Lync 2010 and sign back in to use the feature."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Same problem - hope you get an answer soon!

HP Recommended

SOLVED!  For some reason TTY mode was turned on.  I turned it off, restarted, and the echo went away!  The sound quality also improved!

Below is the Lync 2010 description of what can happen with TTY turned on:

"Text telephone (TTY) mode is used for text communication over a telephone line. A TTY device must be connected to the computer to interpret the modified audio; otherwise you might experience poor audio quality during the call. Using TTY mode in a conference call might also cause audio quality issues.

By default, TTY mode is turned off. You can turn on TTY mode by clicking Phones in the Lync - Options dialog box. You will then need to sign out of Lync 2010 and sign back in to use the feature."

HP Recommended

I thought that this would solve the problems I have where other folks report terrible echo when I am using my Polycom speaker / microphone - unless it is muted or with headphones...

BUT the option is already turned off in my LYNC set-up, and they still report the terrible echo. 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.