Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is there a widows 7 softphone client and/or driver that works well with the Polycom CX300 (e.g with Bria, Zoiper, X-Lite, Phoner, Ninjal, etc.).

The CX300 was designed to work perfectly with MS OCS and Lync however, we now stopped using Lync in my company and moved to using the service of a SIP provider (Sipgate.de).  I would therefore like to continue using the CX300 connected via a USB to my PC but with any softphone client other than OCS or Lync -

I am looking for any such VoIP softphone client that works fully integrated with the CX300 and/or for such a driver (on Windows 7) for the CX300 for a specific softphone client.

thanks

NNN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK- understood, thanks.

NNN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello NNN,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The CX range was specifically developed for OCS / LYNC / Skype for Business and I am not aware of any other standalone drivers than the ones provided via the LYNC Client or the Operating system.

To my knowledge these devices are officially only supported using Microsoft's platform.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, its clear the CX was designed specificaly for OCS/LYNC (now also Skype Business).

The CX also works well as a simple but good voice quality USB-speaker-phone +handset  with other applications including; Skype, X-Lite or Ninja (2 VoIP softphone clients which I tried out).  However I was hoping that some softpohne client software developers out there, have developed a driver for the CX that will integerate it (specificaly the CX300 with the number keys for dialing) into their softphone client similar to its integration with LYNC. 

If that is not the case 😞 than I'll simply continue using is as a "simple" usb-speakerphone

But maybe ...

NNN

HP Recommended

Hello NNN,

As we, Polycom, developed these Phones with our Partner Microsoft I doubt that we have provided other 3rd party companies with the relevant code.

Again I can only provide an official Polycom answer.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

OK- understood, thanks.

NNN

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.