Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Lol same here... one of us might have saved money on this

HP Recommended

I have been officially informed by Microsoft Support that this is 'by design'. A CX300 is designed to put the call on hold if you quickly press and release the telephone hook. They have also confirmed that there is currently no documentation explaining this feature.

I have submitted a change request to Microsoft where I explained why I think this feature should be removed. Fiesch would you be able to submit a change request too? This is done through your support representative and will be passed to the Lync product group. I hope the product group will take our comments on board!

In the mean time I have asked Microsoft Support for a list of Lync Certified devices which have this feature. I will post the list when I receive it. I am also waiting to be given instructions on how to update the firmware on a CX300, I have yet make contact with anybody at Microsoft who knows how to do this. I suspect the firmware might be in ROM on these phones though.

HP Recommended

Hello,

any software to the device / drivers are provided by the LYNC / Office Communicator Client.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

If you provide USB power to the CX300, the screen comes on and displays "POLYCOM CX300 01.10.6.03” and then it changes to “Sign in to Office Communicator”. This happens without any Lync/Office Communicator client installed, just with USB power alone. In my view this means the CX300 has firmware on board.

HP Recommended

Hello,

it comes with a Factory Software installed and any updated Software / Firmware would have to be provided by Microsoft via the Client.

This device is a reference design by Microsoft and is manufactured by other companies in addition and sold under their name.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

I understand, I should have been more clear, I am waiting for Microsoft to give me instructions on how to update the firmware. I am not asking Polycom for this information.

HP Recommended

Hello Sus,

thanks for getting back. I just wanted to add the Information in case on a later stage someone finds this post and may have follow up questions.

Thanks a lot for following this up with our Partner Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Microsoft Support informed me that:

1. The CX300 phone is the only Lync Certified device to have the telephone hook call on hold feature.
  2. The firmware cannot be upgraded on a CX300 phone.

My change request has been submitted to the Lync product group and the support case fee refunded. I haven’t got any means of progressing this further so I’m just hoping that Microsoft will take my request on-board!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.