Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi @ all

I have an issue with several polycom CX300 phones in use with Lync 2010.

Several times during the day, across several workstations in the deployment, calls are put on hold when the user hangs up the phone instead of being terminated.

Is this a known issue?

I know of at least one other deployment where this has happened through TechNet:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sv/ocsclients/thread/a0c73370-2499-4d77-a40c-c06e886cb0b3

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello fiesch,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The CX300 is simply a hardware reference design that Polycom manufacturers based on Microsoft’s specs.

There is no software running on the phone that has been developed by Polycom.

This device rely totally on the PC OCS or LYNC Client in order to operate.

Any issues need to be investigated by Microsoft support teams as Polycom only has control over the physical hardware.

Microsoft support can be found at this link https://premier.microsoft.com/  or if you do not have an account or support contract with Microsoft they do offer support on a per issue basis at this link http://support.microsoft.com/

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you. I've opened yet another ticket with MS

HP Recommended

Hello fiesch,

could you follow up with me on this one via Mail so I can inform the Product Managers and we can check with Microsoft.

Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi fiesch

I am experiencing these symptoms in our Lync 2010 deployment. We have 60 users who all have the Lync 2010 clients and Polycom CX300 phones plus we have 30 Polycom CX500 common area phones. We are not experiencing any calls left on hold with the CX500 phones.

Recently I have been experimenting and discovered that on the CX300 if you fully press telephone hook and release it very quickly the call is put on hold. Press and quickly release again and you get a dial tone. Do this one more time and you get the original call back again (brought out of hold). If you press and hold the telephone hook for more than 1 second during an active call the call is ended.

Steffen, is this the expected behaviour? Why is the CX300 not sending an end call signal to the Lync client with a brief press? On the CX500, even if  the hook is pressed and quickly released the call is always ended.

I think that if users don’t firmly and accurately place the CX300 handset on the telephone hook it can catch the hook pressing and releasing it in the process. This puts the call on hold, once the call is on hold the only way to end the call is to retrieve it from hold and then replace the handset (firmly and accurately this time!).

HP Recommended
Hi and thank you for your reply

[..] and discovered that on the CX300 if you fully press telephone hook and release it very quickly the call is put on hold. Press and quickly release again and you get a dial tone. Do this one more time and you get the original call back again (brought out of hold). If you press and hold the telephone hook for more than 1 second during an active call the call is ended.[..]

I can confirm this behaviour at our customer's site, thanks for pointing this out!

HP Recommended

I have confirmed this happens on CX200 and CX300 phones but I don’t have access to any other Lync USB phone hardware to test other vendors. However, given that all the CX300 type phones from other vendors look identical I imagine these will do the same.

I’ve not been able to find this behaviour documented anywhere, it’s not in the Polycom CX300 User Guide for example: http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/user/products/voice/Polycom_CX300_User_Guide.pdf

Our CX300 phones are running version 01.10.6.03 of the firmware, does anybody know how to update the firmware on a CX300?

HP Recommended

@sus wrote:

Our CX300 phones are running version 01.10.6.03 of the firmware, does anybody know how to update the firmware on a CX300?

Hello sus,

as explained in my original Reply our Technology Partner Microsoft provides all Software via the LYNC / OCS Client and they would need to be contacted for any Software related Support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

@sus wrote:

Steffen, is this the expected behavior? Why is the CX300 not sending an end call signal to the Lync client with a brief press? On the CX500, even if  the hook is pressed and quickly released the call is always ended.

Hello sus,

as explained in my original reply the CX300 is manufactured on a Hardware Design (an other manufacturers produce the same unit) and all Driver / Software Support is delivered via the LYNC / OCS Client.

The Hardware (cx300) does send the Off hook / On Hook to the client (OCS / LYNC) but it is the clients (OCS / LYNC) responsibility how to act after receiving it.

The CX500, CX600 and CX3000 Range does contain Polycom Software and is designed like a "real" desk Phone and therefore controls the aspect of On Hook / Off Hook like a regular desk Phone.

Please raise this with Microsoft Support as advised above.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thank you for clarifying the situation with the CX300 hardware. I have opened up a support case with Microsoft and will update this thread with the results.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.