Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CX500 Loudspeaker

Occasional Visitor

CX500 Loudspeaker

I would like to ask how can I set loudspeaker with microphone ON on CX500? With ordinary phone I used to switch to loudspeaker with possibility to speak to others connected (microphone ON). With CX500 when I press loudspeaker button, microphone is OFF to the time when there is loudspeaker mode selected. There is no impact when I press microphone button. It is very strange behaviour for me and I didn't find any setting in menu of phone for this. Could you help me?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CX500 Loudspeaker

Hello mrog,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The CX500 is classed as a Common Area Phone for Microsoft® Lync™ Server 2010 and the Data Sheet => here <= clearly states that it is:

Audio—Speaker

• Monitor Only Speaker

The CX600 supports Hands free mode but the CX500 has a speaker only.

The Microphone Button is used to mute a call as described in the User Guide => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2