Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have an issue with using our CX5500 as a conference phone. When we create a conference (ConFer Tel or MeetMe) we are given a moderator ID, we need to enter this ID to join the conference. The problem is is that we can call from the device just fine but regardless of which conference system we use, they all will not recognize the moderator ID.

We think it may be an issue with the DTMF, is there any way to change the length of tone when using the dialpad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's a very expensive machine and at the moment is useless as a conference phone.

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Sticky,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition it would be interesting what Call Server you are using. Is this SIP or LYNC ?

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to send DTMF to an IVR system or how to troubleshoot DTMF issues

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Sticky,

Did you solve this as I am having the same issue.

Pouty

HP Recommended

Hello Pouty,

The same questions are applicable to you that I had asked the original poster.

Please try and provide the minimum details.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It certainly seems that you could be more helpful than just "enter your softward load". This appears to be a SIP features issue where the dtmf has to be send out of band for the call to be established. Once the call is up any IVR would require the dtmf to be send within the voice packets.

Why can't you say something like the answer is a setting on the phone, or it is a bug in these versions, or you need SIP normalization script?

HP Recommended

Hello James,

Thank you for the kind tips.

We actually do not know if this is a bug or simply something with their long distance provider but I did reply with a FAQ post detailing how to switch the two modes and also how to troubleshoot.

We do ask for the software version as that allows us to discover trends and act on them.

This all is mentioned in the "Must Read First" and if done from the beginning saves us a lot of hassle and questions being ask.

If you have a similar or the same issue please follow this up so we are on the same page.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I've got the same issue with a CX5500. I checked the forums here and this is my issue, exactly (hopefully the thread isn't too old to be bumping it 🙂 ).

We've got a CX5500 and it can dial into IVR calls, that is, Skype for Business meeting numbers, but once there it can not submit the touchtone conference ID/password. It doesn't seem to recognize that any input is given and says the password was incorrect (I assume this is because it timed out).

I saw your link to the http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-Phone-unable-to-send-DTMF-to-an-IVR-system-or-how-to/td-p/4... FAQ. I'm honestly not entirely sure of what I would need to do in the web interface for this phone to solve this. Here is the info I receive upon logging into the web console for the phone.

Phone Information Phone Model CX5500 Part Number CX5500 Rev:20 MAC Address xxxxxxxxxxxxxx IP Mode IPv4 IP Address xxx.xx.xx.xxx UC Software Version 5.5.1.18424 Device Software Version 1.3.1.110341 Product Serial Number 82154443FFBBDA Power Data Box Hardware Version 104.A Tabletop Hardware Version 003.B

I just downloaded the latest TAR update from your website and stuck in on a USB and updated the device firmware. Still no luck. I'm willing to try changing something in phone if it'll help though (via the FAQ, etc). Just need a little more guidance on this.

Can you please advise?

Thanks so much!

Josh

HP Recommended

Hello Jpsh,

The Unit was sold by SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS back in 25/11/2015 so it is out of warranty.

You can utilize the above mentioned FAQ posts to try and troubleshoot this.

One question, can you dial any other number and successfully send DTMF?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I called and used the option 2 at 631-791-8378 to test DTMF. Essentially, you can put in up to 75 numbers and hit # and it reads back what you entered. What I found is that it reads SOME of the numbers, but not all of them. For instance, I type 123444445555566666 and it will read back something like 44566. Totally misses a ton of them. This explains why we can't connect in to calls.

Does this sound to you like a tone length issue, or something else? Could you please advise?

HP Recommended

And to answer your question more clearly, yes, I tried on multiple numbers - this phone number I mentioned previously allowed me to confirm that it was all conference numbers that I have issue, and it's because it's not picking up all tones dialed. Thanks for your help with this!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.