Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We're running Lync 2010 with the latest CU's installed.  We've got a CX600 with the latest updates also installed.  Should that phone be able to do lookups for people in AD/Global Address List?  Is it limited to just the users contacts in Outlokk?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I answered my own question.  If you want GAL access on the phone, only plug in the ethernet cable.  For some reason if you plug in both the ethernet and the USB (or just the USB alone), all you'll get is access to your Outlook Contacts.  Ethernet alone gives us full access to the GAL.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello jferguso,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

How is the phone connected ?

Ethernet only or USB as well?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Both USB and Ethernet.

HP Recommended

Should i be able to access the GAL if it were only connected via ethernet vs ethernet + USB?

HP Recommended

I answered my own question.  If you want GAL access on the phone, only plug in the ethernet cable.  For some reason if you plug in both the ethernet and the USB (or just the USB alone), all you'll get is access to your Outlook Contacts.  Ethernet alone gives us full access to the GAL.

Thanks!

HP Recommended
  1. You cannot connect only the USB cable, the Ethernet cable must able be connected at a minimum.
  2. When the device is only connected to the network and PIN Authentication is used to sign-in then searches will only return results from the Lync Address Book as there is no Exchange integration available in this scenario.
  3. When USB-tethered to a Windows Lync client then Exchange integration is made possible by signing-in with the user's full AD credentials.  In this scenario user searches will return results from both the Lync Address Book and the user's personal Outlook contacts.

The behavior of Lync Phone Edition in terms of Exchange Server integration is explained in detail in this blog article: http://blog.schertz.name/2012/03/troubleshooting-lync-phone-edition-issues/

HP Recommended

Thanks Jeff.  Are you saying that a CX600 with only an ethernet (no USB) connection signed in with a user account should *not* be able to see GAL entries?  I've verfied that the user can look up other users in the GAL by name.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.