Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Howdy within the past two days I’ve had two Polycom CX600’s receivers stop working.

If a call comes in we are not able to answer by picking up the receiver, only by pressing the speakerphone button.

I have done the reset on boot (holding 6 and 4 or * and #) even after doing so the receiver still does not work.

Has anyone else had this happen, and is there a way to fix this?

If any further info is needed please let me know.

Thank you for your time!

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I have this same problem.  Last week one of my users handset stopped working and now this week another has stopped.  Tried the reset also, but that did not work

HP Recommended

Hello TH,

please raise this with your Polycom Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am a reseller and I have a client with this same issue.  We have swapped the phone out several times and problem follows the workstation it is attached to, not the phone (the same phone works at another station).  The phone works, if it is not attached to a computer.  Problem occurs, even if another person logs into the workstation (doesn't matter which user is authenticated).  We have updated the phone to the latest firmware.  There are about 200 phones in the environment, but only two are currently having this issue.  The speaker and the headset jacks work, but not the handset.

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello TH,

please raise this with your Polycom Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

John

HP Recommended

I have been sending them in and getting them covered under warranty.  I put a new one in place and do not have any trouble.

HP Recommended

We have several CX600s that have suddenly lost the ability to use the handset.  These are just recently out of warranty.  It is strange:  I know that sound can get through the handset, because if I switch quickly between the speaker and the handset, I can hear a brief dial tone (about a milisecond), but then it goes away.

I have tried doing a 4/6 reset.  This doesn't solve the problem. 

I have tried a different handset and cord.  This doesn't solve the problem.

I have tried resetting the phone and using it on a different computer.  This doesn't solve the problem.

Is there a replacement circuit board or some other kind of troubleshoot or repair that you can suggest?  It seems very wasteful to throw out a $270 device after only a few months of use, due to what appears to be a fairly common problem. 

I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks very much,

Kathryn Suchy

kathryn.suchy@ttu.edu

HP Recommended

Hello Kathryn,

please raise this with your Polycom Reseller and they will contact Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi
We had the same issue with a CX500, and today with a CX600, out-of-waranty
Did you find a solution for this issue ?

Regards

Laurent

HP Recommended
Hello Laurent,

please raise this with your Polycom Reseller and they will contact Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hey coslau,

Did you by any chance solve the problem with the handset not working? If not what steps did you take in replacing it. Thank you

- Jason Otero

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.