Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CX600 Handsets problems

Occasional Visitor

CX600 Handsets problems

Does anyone know of a fix for the handset on the CX600 phones, we seem to have alot of phones being replaced.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CX600 Handsets problems

Hello jdoyles,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could you elaborate a bit more on what issue you encounter?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 8
Occasional Visitor

The audio stops working on the handset, works fine with headset and speakerphone just not the handset, we have tried to replace the handset and resetting the phone that does not work, the only thing that works is replacing the phone. that cannot be the answer to this problem.

Message 3 of 8

Hello jdoyles,

could you please check the Bottom of the unit and reply with the "Rev" Information printed on the sticker next to the MAC address of the Unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 8
Occasional Visitor

Rev   D

Message 5 of 8

Hello jdoyles,

please contact your Polycom Reseller or Polycom Support directly => here <= and refer to the Switch Hook symptom.

Please have the serial numbers of the affected devices ready.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

I also have revision d cx600s with dying hookswitches. is there out of warrty support for these?

they have crappy little optical switches with such small emitters and detectors that even a minute amount of dust can impede their function.

i was able to get one working again by blowing the dust out but other phones seem just to have their emitter output drop prematurely.

not a great design as the emitter will eventually lose output simply from age as the emitter is powered as long as the phone is powered and then the hookswitch will no longer work.

do newer units have better opto switches?

Message 7 of 8

Hello Harlock,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I can only advise you to follow the same instructions that I have given the previous poster.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 8 of 8