Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

I need configure in my network 802.1x, but the cx600 phones can´t suport this protocol.

Somebody knows what can i do??

Change polycom phones?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Diegump,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As you have already discovered the CX500/CX600/CX700/CX3000 do not support 802.1x

Our SoundPoint / SoundStation IP / VVX and Spectralink Phones supporting the UCS 4.x.x Software can utilize 802.1x and support basic LYNC functionality.

The upcoming UCS 4.1.0 release is Microsoft 3PIP qualified.

Once this is released to the public I will post the supported / changed features.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

When do you plan to support 802.1x for the cx600 phones?

We need it right now. We have implemented Lync i our enviroment and are going to turn on 802.1x realy soon.

Appreciate fast answer.

Mikael Johansson

HP Recommended

Hello Mikael,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You will need to discuss / raise this with Microsoft as they provide the Software for the CX Series Phones like they do for the phones of other hardware manufacturers.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

I will contact Microsoft and ask when they planning for 802.1x.

As i understand it, is that the phone in it self dont support 802.1x but if you have a PC that is conected via the pass through port the PC should work fine. But we have troubles with the connection on our PCs when they are connected through the phone.

After the PC have been off for a couple of hours the PC dosent connect to the right VLAN. It insted connect to our guest VLAN.

But i will contact MS

Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.