Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CX600 display flicker

NJ
Occasional Visitor

CX600 display flicker

I'm using a CX600 in my home office and its display has recently started misbehaving. I get a flickering horizontal line on the display; above the line the display seems normal but below the line the display quality is degraded, it's as if only half the horizontal lines are displaying correctly. The horizontal flickering line can appear anywhere on the display but seems to start at the bottom and then work up. Is this a hardware problem? I have tried the obvious things like powering it off by pulling out the power lead.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CX600 display flicker

Hello NJ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

To my knowledge we have had isolated reports of a similar issue and the latest CU7 release => here <= has additional software to address this.

Please try to upgrade your CX600 and if you still encounter this issue please work with your Polycom reseller to get this to the attention of Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Advisor

Hi NJ,

We are having a display issue with multiple phones after applying the latest update, eventually the display goes completely white after flickering and shrinking in size.

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

this is a different issue than what is addressed in cu7, which seems to have been caused by fw 7577.4366. (like epaz mentioned)

I also have the issue described on many phones, some to a greater degree even as far as every 2nd line on the display is missing as well as many intermediate stages like the OP describes.

this has happened to me regardless of firmware used. so far it affects around 25% of our deployed phones and as the phones age the number increases.

oh ya, and my polycom reseller refuses to communicate with me.

Message 4 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Harlock,

the originally released CU7 has been withdrawn and replaced with a new Version.

Please deploy this on the handsets affected.

Please contact Polycom Support directly => here <= and explain the situation. Usually the account manager can the liaise with the reseller in order to check what is happening.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 5