Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi.

I'm integrating CX700 (software version:4.0.7577.4047(2.1)) with Lync 2010.

the DHCP options are configured and CX500 is able to sign in and call other lync clients.

the problem when trying to login using CX700 and after the entering the credential it connects to the  lync server.

it shows "Authentication completed. Retrieving user information"

after that it shows configuring PIN page for less than 2 seconds then it shows signing out.

I tried difference users. Also I tried on it on my lab server but the same result.

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

That sounds like the device is malfunctioning as I've never seen that before.  Try reverting it back to the last firmware version to verify that it is not a bad update (reset the device using a paper clip on the reset button on the bottom of the device 5 times in a row and on the 6th reboot the device will revert to the previous firmware installation).

HP Recommended

I think the problem that the user on the Lync server was configured in the Telephony option as PC-to-PC. after i chaged it to Enterperise Voice it signed in normally.

HP Recommended

Yes good catch, that is correct. Any Lync user account attempting to sign-in to a Lync Phone Edition device must have their Telephony setting configured for Enterprise Voice. 

The Aries device (e.g. CX600) provides a different error than the Tanjay device (CX700) does in this scenario.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.