Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CX700 and Apple Mac computer

Occasional Visitor

CX700 and Apple Mac computer

Hi,

We are running Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 r2 for voice, our Windows users have no issues, but our Apple users cannot dial from their communicator via the CX700 as the device is not recognised by the operating system.

Is there anywhere I can get the Apple drives for this phone (assuming such things exist)?

Cheers

Steve

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CX700 and Apple Mac computer

Hello Steve,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Polycom® CX700 IP Phone is designed to work with Microsoft Operating Systems only.

You can raise a Feature Request => here <= in order to highlight this to the Product Management.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen,

We had no issues when running the CX700 (with the original firmware build) on an older version of the OSX software, but when we upgraded both the OSX and the device firmware, it has stopped working.

We have a suite of Mac's and this is getting quite frustrating.

Is there a telephone to be used by an Apple machine for Office Communicator 2007R2?

Cheers

Steve

Message 3 of 7

Hello Steve,

Polycom manufactures the CX700 after a Microsoft reference design and Microsoft is responsible for the Operating System Driver support running on the Operating System via the installed Communicator Version.

I would recommend that you liaise with your Microsoft Technical Account Manager (TAM) in order to highlight this issue with Microsoft as I am still struggling finding an official Microsoft or Polycom documentation highlighting that the combined usage of a CX700 with MAC OSX is a supported solution.

What Version of OSX are you running and what Version of Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 and what is the Software release installed on the CX700?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Polycom Employee

Hi Halewood_IT,

We would like to get more info on the questions raised by Steffen so that we can attempt to resolve this for you.

What Version of OSX are you running and what Version of Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 and what is the Software release installed on the CX700?

Please let us know when you can.

Thank you,

Chad

Message 5 of 7
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I'm the developer of Phone Amego which provides on-screen Caller ID, click-to-dial, and Mac-to-phone integration. Phone Amego recently added support for Polycom IP phones as described here:

http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/polycom.html

I'm not sure about the CX700 specifically, but Phone Amego offers a Mac software solution that works with Polycom SoundPoint IP phones.

- Peter Sichel

Sustainable Softworks

Message 6 of 7

@Peter,

the CX Range uses their own Protocol and are not comparable with any of the Polycom SIP based Phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 7 of 7