Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We recently moved our phones to a new Broadworks system and now all of our call centers have this annoying pop-up that shows up when calls come in to the queue that displays the wait time of the call as well as the CC UID, CC Name, and number of calls in queue, but we'd much rather have the inbound caller ID that we have to press "exit" to display.  This is also annoying in that users dialing when an inbound call comes to the queue lose any progress they made while dialing and have to reject the call to be able to dial again.

This is for high volume sales call centers that make a lot of inbound and outbound calls so this issue is compounded during busy hours.

I have tried disabling premium feature keys in the BWDEVICED.cfg and sys.cfg files as well as several other things relating to the micro-browser which I believe this is part of, but nothing has disabled the pop-up yet.  Also if you press the Applications button on an IP560 it displays the same screen.

See attached image for an example of the screen pop-up.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Stephen,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Funnily enough another user just raised the same topic => here <=

I would assume the usage of this is via a URL in the SIP INVITE but have not tested this or verified this myself.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

• Feb 04, 2013 Question: WhatisthenewFeatureSIPWebContent?

Answer: AboveallowsyoutoenabletoaccessanURLwithinaSIPMessageandmoreinformationcanbefound => here <=

If above post does not help or address this please go ahead and contact your Polycom reseller so we can determine if this is working as designed.

You may also want to contact Broadsoft if they can disable that from their end.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm assuming that needs to be applied inside a feature tag in sys.cfg?  I've tried it there as well as in the BWMACADDRESS.cfg and other files to no avail.

Broadworks support has basically said that yes they are sending the information in the packets, but that it should be configurable on the phone what to do with said packets.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello Stephen,

in order to test this myself or replicate I would need a wireshark trace and the configuration that was used.

As this is outside the scope for myself as a Polycom employee within this community I had already suggested to contact your Polycom reseller so we can determine if this is working as designed.

Please also ensure that you include your currently used software version as of UCS 4.0.0 you can export your configuration and verify that the phone has actually loaded your configuration change.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are trying to remove popup, I've tried disabling Premium ACD

feature.acdPremiumUnavailability.enabled = "0"

and also this

feature.acdServiceControlUri.enabled="0"

I also tried both 1 and 0 values for 

voIpProt.SIP.acd.signalingMethod 

Nothing was successful (the only workaround is to disable ACD completely which would defeat the purpose of a call center agent on a Polycom phone)

I also did contact our reseller and raised SR, but if anyone has a solution/suggestion here now - I'd be happy to try.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello @VoIPonaught,

You missed the software version but I overlook this today.

Have you tried:

feature.CallCenterCallInformation.enable="0"

We discuss this => here <= as an example 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yes, just found that topic but can't find this parameter documented in admin guides I have for 5.3 or 5.5

Let me try this.

Thanks for quick response!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.