Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @Olivier Thibeault,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

One customer finally had a ticket raised and we are investigating the root cause at present.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Nothing usefull but, I just found this on voip-info.org : 

--------------------------

Polycom Soundpoint IP600 – propably with old firmware – sends NTP timestamps that Wireshark tells me are dated Feb 7, 2036. This means that we have many years of roundtrip time, measured in millisecs. For a phone connected to the same switch as my Asterisk server, that’s a huge latency. I guess they need a bit more of CPU power for that device.  (or it’s me that needs help to upgrade my phone to a version where they’ve fixed this bug).

--------------------------

This was back in january 2010, so is nothing new, its come from firmware 2 or 3 at lease. This issue was probably always there form the start.

HP Recommended

Any update?

HP Recommended

Hello @Olivier Thibeault ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

We are working on improving the way the phone will react if it receives a bad NTP packet causing the date to be the "2036"

If you are interested in the progress please open a ticket and quote EN-113273 / 1-11144121987 so we can share a potential test build.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Should I open a ticket as well? I am experiencing the same bug, on VVX600 sets in our office. It happens every couple of weeks.

It's been happening for years, but even as recently as with the latest firmware 5.9.1 it's still happening.

I am very keen to follow this thread and know of any possible solution or test firmware. I can provide any type of debug info needed as well.

The related parts of our globally applied sntp settings are as follows:

<tcpIpApp>
<tcpIpApp.sntp tcpIpApp.sntp.address="ip.of.our.sntp.server(redacted)" tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.resyncPeriod="3600" tcpIpApp.sntp.retryDnsPeriod="3600" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="8" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.time="2" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.month="11" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.time="2" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0" /> tcpIpApp>

<device
device.set="1"
device.sntp.serverName="cloudprv.com"
device.sntp.serverName.set="1"
/>
HP Recommended

Hello all,

we believe we have addressed the issue in our code. 

The fix will go into the following releases:

• 5.9.2      planned for Mid-March
  • 5.8.4      planned for April
  • 6.0.0      planned for April
  • 5.7.5      no date planned as of yet
  • 5.5.6      no date planned as of yet
  • 5.5.5      no date planned as of yet

All of the above are subject to change but you should see reference to a NTP bug in the release notes.

A factory reset may be required to clear the local call list on the phone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

The 5.9.2 haven't been released yet, please keep us updated when it does,

Latest so far is 5.9.1

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello @KyleR  and all,

If this is urgent Polycom support can release the software if you have an active ticket open.

If this is not possible I believe we post 5.9.2 next week.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended
Thats fine buddy we can wait till next week
HP Recommended

Hello all,

The revised date for now is:

• 5.9.2      planned for Mid April
  • 5.8.4      planned for June
  • 6.0.0      planned for Mid April
  • 5.7.5      no date planned as of yet
  • 5.5.6      no date planned as of yet
  • 5.5.5      no date planned as of yet

All of the above are subject to change but you should see reference to a NTP bug in the release notes.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.