Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We usually purchase our polycom phones on Amazon. Should we send the log file you mentioned to them? Please advise.

i'm having the issues with VVX 310, 410 and 500s.

thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello @Eliewehbe,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I doubt Amazon will troubleshoot any issue for you as they simply sell the units.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi KyleR,

Did you ever find a solution to this 2036 date problem?  Thanks

Jeff

HP Recommended

Hello @stuart.jeff,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already outlined => here <= we need the relevant logs as we are unable to replicate this within Polycom support.

Get these logs and provide them to your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am a polycom resseller and I have seen this behavior many time in the past.

Normaly I just update the phone with a newer firmware and tell the customer to delete his actual call log.

I have a customer right now with 21 VVX331 working on firmware 5.7.0 and when I look to the MAC-calls.xml, I can see 9 different phone with this problem and they have been installed a month ago.

64167f23f608-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:13:57</startTime>
64167f2a9f81-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:36:42</startTime>
64167f2a9fbc-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T01:28:17</startTime>
64167f2a9fbd-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:40:23</startTime>
64167f2a9fc7-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:04:05</startTime>
64167f2aa282-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:24:26</startTime>
64167f2aa407-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:01:04</startTime>
64167f2aa436-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T01:49:30</startTime>
64167f2aa43e-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:24:52</startTime>

So what do you need to solve this once and for all?

HP Recommended

@Olivier Thibeault

as explained back => here <= back in 2017 provide our support team with the relevant logs

replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

Hey Steffen,

I am completing the request logoing actions on MAC address 64167f16fced.

I control the provisioning server. Would I expect to see these additional log lines in the MAC-app.log or the boot log?

HP Recommended

Steffen,

I found the additional log lines within the -app.log and I'm attaching it here.  

The device does think that it's inserting in to the local DB properly:

0724163244|dbs |0|00|Executing command [INSERT OR IGNORE INTO dbCallList VALUES('In','Normal','1','SIP','2018-07-24T16:32:14','PT0S',1,'{ab6bdfeb8b','MEDIA PA{4848001899','','','','','','0')] from polyapp
0724163244|dbs |0|00|Completed execution of 'INSERT OR IGNORE INTO dbCallList VALUES('In','Normal','1','SIP','2018-07-24T16:32:14','PT0S',1,'{ab6bdfeb8b','MEDIA PA{4848001899','','','','','','0')' in 20 ms

The device then uploaded a new copy of the -calls.xml to my server, however, the uploaded file did not contain my call, which I found strange.

Let me know if you also require a copy of the calls.xml file and I'll send that. 

We currently have 17,315 Polycom devices deployed, and this issue is affecting 601 of them. 

HP Recommended

Hello @extremerotary,

Westcon-Comstor Americas (Canada) sold this unit back in 29/09/2017 so they are your Support partner to open a ticket.

I would assume using as many phones as you have you would have a direct contact into Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Have you ever find anything?

I can only assume it come from a communication error with the NTP server. I commonly use 0.pool.ntp.org and many time I dont have acces to a local ntp server to test it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.