Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Call Log 2036

Occasional Visitor

Re: Call Log 2036

Hello,

We usually purchase our polycom phones on Amazon. Should we send the log file you mentioned to them? Please advise.

i'm having the issues with VVX 310, 410 and 500s.

thanks!

Message 11 of 31
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Eliewehbe,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I doubt Amazon will troubleshoot any issue for you as they simply sell the units.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 12 of 31
Occasional Visitor

Hi KyleR,

Did you ever find a solution to this 2036 date problem?  Thanks

Jeff

Message 13 of 31

Hello @stuart.jeff,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already outlined => here <= we need the relevant logs as we are unable to replicate this within Polycom support.

Get these logs and provide them to your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 14 of 31
Occasional Advisor

I am a polycom resseller and I have seen this behavior many time in the past.

Normaly I just update the phone with a newer firmware and tell the customer to delete his actual call log.

I have a customer right now with 21 VVX331 working on firmware 5.7.0 and when I look to the MAC-calls.xml, I can see 9 different phone with this problem and they have been installed a month ago.

64167f23f608-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:13:57</startTime>
64167f2a9f81-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:36:42</startTime>
64167f2a9fbc-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T01:28:17</startTime>
64167f2a9fbd-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:40:23</startTime>
64167f2a9fc7-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:04:05</startTime>
64167f2aa282-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:24:26</startTime>
64167f2aa407-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:01:04</startTime>
64167f2aa436-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T01:49:30</startTime>
64167f2aa43e-calls.xml: <startTime>2036-02-07T02:24:52</startTime>

So what do you need to solve this once and for all?

Message 15 of 31

@Olivier Thibeault

as explained back => here <= back in 2017 provide our support team with the relevant logs

replied via a mobile device

Message 16 of 31

Hey Steffen,

I am completing the request logoing actions on MAC address 64167f16fced.

I control the provisioning server. Would I expect to see these additional log lines in the MAC-app.log or the boot log?

Message 17 of 31

Steffen,

I found the additional log lines within the -app.log and I'm attaching it here.  

The device does think that it's inserting in to the local DB properly:

0724163244|dbs |0|00|Executing command [INSERT OR IGNORE INTO dbCallList VALUES('In','Normal','1','SIP','2018-07-24T16:32:14','PT0S',1,'{ab6bdfeb8b','MEDIA PA{4848001899','','','','','','0')] from polyapp
0724163244|dbs |0|00|Completed execution of 'INSERT OR IGNORE INTO dbCallList VALUES('In','Normal','1','SIP','2018-07-24T16:32:14','PT0S',1,'{ab6bdfeb8b','MEDIA PA{4848001899','','','','','','0')' in 20 ms

The device then uploaded a new copy of the -calls.xml to my server, however, the uploaded file did not contain my call, which I found strange.

Let me know if you also require a copy of the calls.xml file and I'll send that. 

We currently have 17,315 Polycom devices deployed, and this issue is affecting 601 of them. 

Highlighted

Hello @extremerotary,

Westcon-Comstor Americas (Canada) sold this unit back in 29/09/2017 so they are your Support partner to open a ticket.

I would assume using as many phones as you have you would have a direct contact into Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 19 of 31
Occasional Advisor

Have you ever find anything?

I can only assume it come from a communication error with the NTP server. I commonly use 0.pool.ntp.org and many time I dont have acces to a local ntp server to test it.

Message 20 of 31