Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am using below script:

======================================================
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<sip>
   <feature feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="1"/>
   <efk>
      <version efk.version="2"/>
      <efklist efk.efklist.1.mname="callpark" efk.efklist.1.status="1" efk.efklist.1.label="Call Park" efk.efklist.1.action.string="$Chold$*68$P5N4$$Tinvite$" efk.efklist.2.mname="callparkretrieve" efk.efklist.2.status="1" efk.efklist.2.label="Call Park Retrieve" efk.efklist.2.action.string="*88$P5N4$" />
      <efkprompt efk.efkprompt.1.status="1" efk.efkprompt.1.label="Extension: " efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible" efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric" efk.efkprompt.2.status="1" efk.efkprompt.2.label="PIN Code: " efk.efkprompt.2.userfeedback="masked" efk.efkprompt.2.type="numeric" efk.efkprompt.3.status="1" efk.efkprompt.3.label="Password: "/>
   </efk>
   <softkey softkey.1.label="Park" softkey.1.action="!callpark" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.precede="1" softkey.1.use.active="1" softkey.1.use.alerting="0" softkey.1.use.dialtone="0" softkey.1.use.hold="1" softkey.1.use.idle="0" softkey.1.use.proceeding="0" softkey.1.use.setup="0" softkey.2.label="Retrve" softkey.4.action="!callparkretrieve" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.precede="0" softkey.4.use.active="0" softkey.2.use.alerting="0" softkey.2.use.dialtone="0" softkey.2.use.hold="1" softkey.4.use.idle="1" softkey.2.use.proceeding="0" softkey.2.use.setup="0" />
</sip>
====================================================

Features.cfg :

feature.callPark.enabled =1

sip-interop.cfg

Call.parkedCallRetrieveMethod  = legacy
Call.parkedCallRetrieveString =*88

Problem:I have done above configuration but CallPark is not working in VVX 500 , Sound IP 450 , Sound IP 650.

When I am pressing the softkey “Park” on Polycom Phone for active call it is dialing *684000 ( Prompted to Enter Exetnsion ,Entered :4000 is a parking range number  and I don’t know where to define this number  in  sip.cfg,features.cfg ) and getting a busy tone and Call will go on hold without any IVR.

When I am trying to retrieve it from another Polycom Phone by pressing “Retrive” softkey it dial *884000(Prompted for Extension and entered 4000) but I am not getting the Parked Call.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello shobhitsinha2k,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage all users to read the Welcome Post, the FAQ and use the Forum Search.

There are plenty of post's and FAQ entries covering Softkeys / Enhanced Feature Keys.

Using a VVX500 tells me that the Software is at least UCS 4.0.0. By not posting the Software Version of the other phones I and other readers can only assume you are using the same or newer software for the other phones.

The Parameter (and others) 

feature.18.name="enhanced-feature-keys" feature.18.enabled="1"

does no longer exist since UCS 3.3.0 and I can only recommend you make good usage of the FAQ and search for other posts. Especially pay attention to your logs files as they would have highlighted any errors in the logs.

If you still struggle with this and no other community users have got back to you I suggest to contact your Polycom reseller who's responsibility it is to provide your with Tier 1 support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi  Steffen

I am using UC_Software_3_3_3_release_sig_combined.zip for SOUND IP 450 and spip_ssip_vvx_3_2_2_release_sig_combined for  Sound  IP 430.

Still , I am facing the same issue.

Thanka for your response.

HP Recommended

Hello shobhitsinha2k,

you did not mention the SPIP430 before as this is unable to run UCS 4.x.x

As already answered any support needed should be obtained from your Polycom reseller.

The latest Software that the SPIP430 can run is SIP 3.2.x .

You would be using the sip.cfg and phone1.cfg and the SIP 3.2 Admin Guide describes this in an example for EFK on page 4 - 46 or simply as a string on A-79

The VVX500, SPIP450 and 650 can all run UCS 4.x.x and the UCS Admin Guide 4.1 describes the call park as a string on page 129 or as an EFK on page 167.

There are multiple example post's dealing with EFK / Enhanced Feature keys and a FAQ post detailing how to utilize softkeys.

If you still struggle with this and no other community users have got back to you I suggest to contact your Polycom reseller who's responsibility it is to provide your with Tier 1 support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

We are using two Phones Sound Point IP 450 and VVX 500.

Software Version : UC Software 4.0.1

We are trying to configue Call Park in both the Phones for VVX Phones.

We are not able to understand where to define Call Park " Orbit Number" and it is One touch Call Park number.

As suggested by you , I have followed 4.x admin guide.

Thanks for your earlier help

HP Recommended

Hello shobhitsinha2k,

this completely depends on your SIP Server and your SIP Server manufacturer should be able to tell you this.

There are 2 different park methods as explained on page 129. They both depend on your SIP Server and I am unable to answer this.

I can only recommend to contact your SIP Server manufacturer as they may have already got some example's for 3rd Party endpoints like our phones.

If you are still struggling and no other member of the community has answered your follow up post's you can always work with your Polycom reseller to raise a ticket with our support team.

You may get charged if your unit is outside warranty but the agent can explain this to you as the community does not provide free support and is not a replacement for the Polycom Support organization.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

follow up.

Please pay attention to my original comments that the configuration you are attempting to use is not compatible with any phone running UCS 3.3.0 or newer.

You can use Polycoms cfcUtility as described in multiple post's in the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.