Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am using a custom PBX setup with some Polycom devices. I don't know where the polycom devices were purchased. 

I am testing a Polycom VVX310 / 0004f28df096

Model : 3111-46161-001 Rev A

BootBlock : 3.0.4.0249

BootL1 1.0.0.0051

UpdateTool : 5.8.0.19248

Version : 5.6.0.17325

Setup : 

I setup a BLF on the phone using: 

<attendant.resourceList attendant.resourceList.1.type="normal" attendant.resourceList.1.label="600" attendant.resourceList.1.address="600" attendant.resourceList.2.type="normal" attendant.resourceList.2.label="221 Joe" attendant.resourceList.2.address="221"/>

<call call.directedCallPickupMethod="legacy" call.directedCallPickupString="**"/>
<lineKey lineKey.3.category="BLF" lineKey.3.index="" lineKey.6.category="BLF" lineKey.6.index="" lineKey.1.category="Line" lineKey.1.index="1" lineKey.2.category="Line" lineKey.2.index="1" lineKey.4.category="Line" lineKey.4.index="1" lineKey.5.category="Line" lineKey.5.index="1">

The BLF works fine. If I press the button, when the watched resource is idle or on a call, it calls the extension, as expected.

The issue is that when the BLF is flashing ( early ), I press the button and it dials '**' :

U 2018/01/08 14:26:38.167778 192.168.36.242:5214 -> 192.168.36.1:5060
INVITE sip:**@192.168.36.1:5060 SIP/2.0.
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.36.242:5214;branch=z9hG4bK61932d4647F70685.
From: "Test Support" <sip:262@192.168.36.242>;tag=47D6D3FA-7F3580D9.
To: <sip:**@192.168.36.1>.

The NOTIFY with the appliciation/dialog-info+xml does not give the target callid :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dialog-info xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:dialog-info" version="2"           state="full" entity="sip:221@192.168.36.1">
  <dialog id="2389478927384" direction="recipient"> <state>early</state> </dialog>
</dialog-info>

With the 5.6 branch, when I press the button it calls '**' and I expect it to call '**221'

On older versions of Polycom, the behaviour was to send *97{ext} as is evidenced by the following pages regardless of the presence of the sip callid or the target id in the SIP NOTIFY

This page for 'Asterisk PBX' ( https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-Busy-Lamp-Field-for-SoundPoint-IP-supported-Pho... ) says to activate "notifycid=yes ". I am not using asterisk and I can't add the SIP CallID to the SIP Notify. 

I would like the phone to behave like the older polycoms behaved, where it dials '**' + the extension being monitored ( regardless of the target in the SIP Notify ).

How can I get this behaviour? I tried using 'legacy' option, but it didn't work.

All the posts on the forums that deal with 5.6.x + firmware says that I need the sip call id in the XML body of the SIP Notify ( which I can't do ) , so I am wondering how I can get legacy behaviour for the BLF?

Thanks,

David

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @dlublink,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You mention "older Polycom Handsets" but fail to provide any details on this or the software version being used.

I am not aware of any bugs on this feature so please provide more details and maybe some logs / configuration on this.

The VVX310 for this example came from SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS back in 26/09/2014.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.