Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to set up UK dial tone on the above phones as detailed in the following link :-

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-How-can-I-change-my-Dial-Tone-or-Call-Progress-...

On the VVX500 the UK dial tone works as expected but on the VVX411 the dial tone sounds more like a number unobtainable tone, the sections used in the VVX500 provisioning file are the same as the ones used in the provisioning file for the VVX411.

is there something obvious like that possibly custom dialling tone isn’t an option on the VVX411?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Telecomuser ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Good info for the volunteer here would be the currently used software version and if you have yet compared a backup from both phones to check that the same parameters are being used.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I haven’t had chance to come back with the details,of what software versions are on each phone yet.

I will be checking this later along with the relevant sections of code in the provisioning template on the PBX and the actually config the phone receives from the PBX and report back with my findings,

HP Recommended

Both phones are on 5.9.6.2996 as this is the latest supported firmware available on the VVX500 so wanted to keep the firmware the same on both models.

The VVX411 has the following code relating to the Call progress tones in its Provisioning template :-

<se.pat.callProg>
<se.pat.callProg.dialTone>
<se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.param="600" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.type="chord" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.value="dialTone" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.param="" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.type="silence" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.value="1000" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.param="200" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.type="chord" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.value="dialTone" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.param="0" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.type="silence" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.value="200" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.param="" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.type="branch" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.value="-4"/>
</se.pat.callProg.dialTone>
</se.pat.callProg>

<tone>
<tone.chord>
<tone.chord.callProg>
<tone.chord.callProg.busyTone>
<tone.chord.callProg.busyTone tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.onDur="500" tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.offDur="500"/>
<tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq.2="425" />
<tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level.1="-20" tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level.2="-20" />
</tone.chord.callProg.busyTone>

<tone.chord.callProg.dialTone>
<tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq.2="425" />
<tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level.1="-12" tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level.2="-12" />
</tone.chord.callProg.dialTone>
<tone.chord.callProg.ringback>
<tone.chord.callProg.ringback tone.chord.callProg.ringback.onDur="1000"/>
<tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.2="425" />
<tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.1="-20" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.2="-20" />
</tone.chord.callProg.ringback>
</tone.chord.callProg>
</tone.chord>
</tone>

The config file export from the polycom phone console for the VVX411 has the following code relating to the call progress tones :-

se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.param="600"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.param="200"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.param="0"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.type="chord"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.type="silence"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.type="chord"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.type="silence"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.type="branch"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.value="dialTone"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.value="1000"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.value="dialTone"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.value="200"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.value="-4"
tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.offDur="500"
tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.onDur="500"
tone.chord.callProg.ringback.offDur="4000"
tone.chord.callProg.ringback.onDur="1000"
tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq.1="425"
tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq.2="425"
tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level.1="-20"
tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level.2="-20"
tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq.1="425"
tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq.2="425"
tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level.1="-12"
tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level.2="-12"
tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.1="425"
tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.2="425"
tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.1="-20"
tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.2="-20"

The VVX500 has the following code relating to the Call progress tones in its Provisioning template :-

<se.pat.callProg>
<se.pat.callProg.dialTone>
<se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.param="600" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.type="chord" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.value="dialTone" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.param="" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.type="silence" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.value="1000" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.param="200" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.type="chord" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.value="dialTone" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.param="0" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.type="silence" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.value="200" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.param="" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.type="branch" se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.value="-4"/>
</se.pat.callProg.dialTone>
</se.pat.callProg>

<tone>
<tone.chord>
<tone.chord.callProg>
<tone.chord.callProg.busyTone>
<tone.chord.callProg.busyTone tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.onDur="500" tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.offDur="500"/>
<tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq.2="425" />
<tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level.1="-20" tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level.2="-20" />
</tone.chord.callProg.busyTone>
<tone.chord.callProg.dialTone>
<tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq.2="425" />
<tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level.1="-12" tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level.2="-12" />
</tone.chord.callProg.dialTone>
<tone.chord.callProg.ringback>
<tone.chord.callProg.ringback tone.chord.callProg.ringback.onDur="1000" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.offDur="4000" />
<tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.2="425" />
<tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.1="-20" tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.2="-20" />
</tone.chord.callProg.ringback>
</tone.chord.callProg>
</tone.chord>
</tone>

The config file export from the polycom phone console for the VVX500 has the following code relating to the call progress tones :-

se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.param="600"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.param="200"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.param="0"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.type="chord"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.type="silence"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.type="chord"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.type="silence"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.type="branch"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.1.value="dialTone"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.2.value="1000"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.3.value="dialTone"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.4.value="200"
se.pat.callProg.dialTone.inst.5.value="-4"

tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.offDur="500"
tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.onDur="500"
tone.chord.callProg.ringback.offDur="4000"
tone.chord.callProg.ringback.onDur="1000"
tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq.1="425"
tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.freq.2="425"
tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level.1="-20"
tone.chord.callProg.busyTone.level.2="-20"
tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq.1="425"
tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.freq.2="425"
tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level.1="-12"
tone.chord.callProg.dialTone.level.2="-12"
tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.1="425"
tone.chord.callProg.ringback.freq.2="425"
tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.1="-20"
tone.chord.callProg.ringback.level.2="-20"

I don't se any difference between the two configurations so not sure where to proceed with this

HP Recommended

Hello @Telecomuser ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Notepad++ has a compare Plugin that can help you

From a quick glance, the export looks identical

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

I use notepad++ in he way you described.

I've discovered now that this problem only occurs when there is a voicemail message on the phone.

I suspect the cause is down to the following :-

<se.stutterOnVoiceMail="1">
</se.stutterOnVoiceMail>

I'm going to remove that from the config and see if it changes anything

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK

I’ve removed the stutterOnVoiceMail section and that still leaves the same issue of a continuous unobtainable like tone. Once the Voicemail message is deleted the call progress dial tone works as expected.

Also while testing on the VVX500 the same symptoms are occurring when a voicemail is left on that phone.

as it isnt down to the stutterOnVoiceMail could it be the message warning indication?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.