Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

So When a second incoming call comes into the phone while on line1 and rings the line 2 key.  The user hears a beep indicating the call comes in.  This beep interupts the audio for the call on line one and they miss out on some infomation and have to ask for the info to be rebooted.  In past software releases you could disable to make the beep silent.

I would like to disable this been system wide using the auto provsion files but I can not find an example of such to do this.  If anyone can help that would be great.  The few settings I have tried do not seem to work.

So in short I would like to make the beep into silent or disable it completely.

My phone if and version is listed below.  I did search the forums but only found a few posts but nothing for what I am looking to do.

Phone info

Phone Information Phone Model SoundPoint IP 335 Part Number

2345-12375-001 Rev:A

MAC Address 00:04:F2:3D:33:5E IP Address 192.168.76.62 UC Software Version 4.0.2.11307 BootROM Software Version

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello cbotts,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

You may want to simply look at the:

call.callWaiting.ring

Parameter as described in the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide on Page 404

Specifies the ringtone of incoming calls when another call is active. If set to Null, the default value is beep.

Possible values are: beep, ring, silent

I am in the progress to add this to the FAQ to prevent further post's from other users.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.