Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there, I have a Polycom VVX 400 running on the latest firmware version 5.5.2.8571 and I am having an issue with it I can't wrap my head around.

Any initial call from the VVX 400 works fine, but whenever I put someone on hold, be it by pressing the hold button or by cancelling a call transfer; I cannot return to the original call. All I hear on both ends is dead air. 

it seems that the problem is only happening when the phone is using TLS and SRTP encryption. When the phone is not using media encryption, everything works fine. Looks to me that when putting someone on hold, the phone trys port 5060 which wouldn't work with TLS. I also notice that at the point of the problem, the RTP is sending on port 5060 for some reason.

I am not sure what was changed in the latest release that would be causing this issue, but I'd like to get to the bottom of it so we could start deploying the Polycom D60 to our customers.

I was hoping someone could provide me some insight on how they overcame this issue on the new firmware versions. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Master_45,

NEXT USA sold this phone back in 26/03/2015 so it is out of warranty and they can open a PPI / Pay Per Incident ticket with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Master_45,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above can be helpful when troubleshooting issues.

If this fails and as paying customers of yours are involved I suggest you open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, 

the MAC Address for the VVX 400 device in question is 00:04:F2:DC:11:DF

HP Recommended

Hello Master_45,

NEXT USA sold this phone back in 26/03/2015 so it is out of warranty and they can open a PPI / Pay Per Incident ticket with Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.