Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

To see my previous posts, please look [here].  I am running the latest version 5.5.0 of the UC software. I have a problem where my soft key additions are not showing up on the phone. I have a bunch of line and BLF keys displaying OK, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to add soft keys. I have set the feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled=1, along with some 670's that I was able to configure soft keys for as examples. In the web configuration on the VVX600, the option to add soft keys is grayed out in the section "Soft Key Configuration". In my <MAC>-web.cfg file I have the following soft key defined (this works great for the 670's)

softkey.1.label="Tx2VM"
                softkey.1.action="!tx2vm"
                softkey.1.enable="1"
                softkey.1.insert="0"
                softkey.1.precede="0"
                softkey.1.use.active="1"
                softkey.1.use.alerting="0"
                softkey.1.use.dialtone="0"
                softkey.1.use.hold="0"
                softkey.1.use.idle="0"
                softkey.1.use.proceeding="0"
                softkey.1.use.setup="0"
                softkey.1.use.park="0"

efk.efkprompt.1.label="Extension:"
                efk.efkprompt.1.status="1"
                efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric"

efk.efklist.1.action.string="*2*$P1N4$"
                efk.efklist.1.label="Tx2VM"
                efk.efklist.1.mname="tx2vm"
                efk.efklist.1.status="1"

But nothing. I cant display the soft keys. I'm at wit's end here. What am I missing?

Thanks;

FSD

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello fsd,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I already asked you multiple times to at least provide some feedback to your old post => here <=

As you seem unwilling to do so I will not respond and ask you to open a support ticket instead.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Actually, I did reference my old posts on the first line and first sentance of my post where it says "To see my previous posts, please look [here]". I did exactky what you told me to do, so please answer my question. Also, to give you more information, I cannot get rid of the existing soft keys New Call, DND, and Forward even though I disabled them in the config file. I appreciate your timely response with this.

Thank You;

FSD

HP Recommended

Hello;

Can I please get a response? This is important. I need to get this issue resolved.

FSD

HP Recommended

Hello fsd,

the feedback as asked is either:

• A reply to confirm or follow up if the provided answer addressed the issue or if not a comment or further details
    or
  • Simply mark the post as solution provided

If the above is not provided the satisfaction of the person replying to a topic in their own personal time is not very high and a chance of further replying to the same person is quite low.

I had hoped that my initial reply to your latest post would be my last as you can utilize the FAQ post's, the Admin Guide or even previous posts found via the community search.

If the above fails your Polycom reseller would be your next Tier 1 support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I dont have time to spend with pissy tech support people, so I found my own solution to the problem. I traded the VVX and expansion module in for a Grandstream. Problem solved. Actually, two problems solved, you being the first problem.

FSD

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I do have the same issue with a VVX500 running 5.5.28571.

I made a very simple softkey and it still won't show up.

My key config (the bare minimum as bigger configs failed):

<softkey
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.action="3331"
softkey.1.label="me"
softkey.1.use.idle="1">
</softkey>

And I have       

feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" 

Nothing on a VVX500.

Swapped to a VVX400 and all was OK

Regards, Paul

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure but download and unzip and then import your configuration example and I get:

0720120926|cfg  |2|00|Prm|Parameter feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled (889) was changed
0720120926|cfg  |2|00|Prm|Array parameter 627 index 0 softkey.1.action was changed
0720120926|cfg  |2|00|Prm|Array parameter 628 index 0 softkey.1.enable was changed
0720120926|cfg  |2|00|Prm|Array parameter 630 index 0 softkey.1.label was changed
0720120926|cfg  |2|00|Prm|Array parameter 636 index 0 softkey.1.use.idle was changed

with this result:

I suggest you double check the EFK FAQ if you have any more questions and work with your Polycom reseller as your Tier 1 support point.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the assistance.

I see similar events in the log file, but no softkey appears on the VVX500.

Here my log:

0721175313|cfg  |1|00|Prm|Parsing Web configuration.
0721175313|cfg  |2|00|Prm|Array parameter 627 index 2 softkey.3.action was changed
0721175313|cfg  |2|00|Prm|Array parameter 628 index 2 softkey.3.enable was changed
0721175313|cfg  |2|00|Prm|Array parameter 630 index 2 softkey.3.label was changed
0721175313|cfg  |2|00|Prm|Array parameter 636 index 2 softkey.3.use.idle was changed
0721175313|cfg  |3|00|Prm|Web configuration was parsed
0721175313|cfg  |*|00|Prm|Not proceeding with reboot/restart, as device parameters needs to be updated, before making a decision

As said on a VVX411 it all works like a charm.

As you can see this was the third softkey being configured, none show up.

I don't know whether the last line is OK, but AFAIK the config is OK and the "settings", "status", "platform", "configuration" shows 0 errors.

I have done several factory resets while testing, nothing works.

Unfortunately we did not buy the phones via an official Polycom reseller because we just bought a few before we write out a tender for the whole VoIP project we are doing here.

I don't expect a reply, just posted this to keep you posted.

Regards, Paul

HP Recommended

Hello Paul ,

I suggest using softkey.1 index and start with that as shown in your example.

You are always entitled (within the first year) to support and simply posting your MAC address will show us who sold the unit and if it is still in warranty.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.