Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Can't Upgrade Firmware SoundPoint 501

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Can't Upgrade Firmware SoundPoint 501

Hello Polycom Community, i'm glad to be here, i'm new but i have had time reading posts here and solved a lot of issues related with Polycom IP Phones...

But now i have a problem that i could not solve yet, a customer send me some Polycom SoundPoint 501 , the had corrupted files, thanks to this community i could solved that via FTP loading the files correctly, but now i need to upgrade the firmware to can log on to the GUI Phone as a Admin and provisioning in "Provisioning Server" section, i've tried several times and things, to get start i have this options:

DHCP Client: Enabled

Boot Server: Static

Boot Srv Type: IP Address

Server Type: HTTP

CDP: Disabled

Server Address: (I used several like:)<removed by the moderator as this is for Polycom Support customers only>

And no one seems to work, i'm keep seeing the Phone's GUI with no options.

Hope can anybody help me!

Regards!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Can't Upgrade Firmware SoundPoint 501

Hello @Reynol,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SoundPoint IP 501 was discontinued and was no longer available for purchase since 08/20/2009. Support for the product ended 08/20/2014. 

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What SIP or UC Software Version or BootROM Version is supported by my Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The latest Software supported by your phone is SIP 3.1.8

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2