Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a VVX201 with 5.5.0.20556 which I'm locked out of. When I try to log in through web interface, I get a "Account is locked. Try again after sometime" message.

Here's what I've tried:

• Reset phone using procedure which also resets admin password to 456. (I could get in at local interface but still got locked message)
  • Set up IPV4 info so I could get to phone's web interface (Still got locked message)
  • Changed admin password from default (Still got locked message)
  • Now when I log in with the new admin password, I only have options to change user password and reboot.
  • Left phone unplugged for 8 hours. No change.

Any suggestions?

Mac address is: 64:16:7F:80:D6:2D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just did another full reset, so admin password is back to 456. The phone has IPv4 but no provisioning server setup. I can get into phone's admin menu locally, but I still get Account is locked message in web browser. I tried a "private browser" and it worked. I changed the admin password through the web interface, and it looks like everything is working fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @neveunc,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Someone must have changed the password from the default 456 to something else. If you factory reset the unit and it still won't let you in then some sort of provisioning is going on in the background.

As this unit shows a shipped date from 04/03/2016 I assume this is not a day one issue.

Please provide more details how this unit is setup / provisioned.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm just starting to setup our new IP phone system.

This phone is new to me, and was "factory reset" before I purchased it from a major online vendor. At some point, it had the wrong admin password entered, hence the lock out and the need to reset the password to default.

I've got a provisioing server (FTP), but this phone isn't yet configured to find the provisioning server.

Once  I can get into it, I plan on upgrading it to the latest UC software.

HP Recommended

I just did another full reset, so admin password is back to 456. The phone has IPv4 but no provisioning server setup. I can get into phone's admin menu locally, but I still get Account is locked message in web browser. I tried a "private browser" and it worked. I changed the admin password through the web interface, and it looks like everything is working fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.