Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our office is using the Polycom Phone VVX 410&VVX411.

Switch: Juniper EX2200

PC Vlan: PC_LAN
VVX Phone Vlan: Polycom-Vlan

Polycom phone software version with 5.7.2 can get the right Voice Vlan tag and work fine.

Once we upgrade the Polycom phone to software version 5.8.3.2414 (we also tried 5.9/6.0/6.1/) the Phone will not get the voice VLAN. it will go to the wrong VLAN named PC_LAN.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the update. I am the requester and After a long time troubleshooting, we have already resolved the issue.

How to fix:

Rename all the voice Vlan name...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Attachment 1 is VVX Phone screen.

Attachment 2 is VVX Phone webpage log

Attachment 3 is VVX Phone wireshark's log

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @eric.kuo ,

Welcome to the Poly Community. 

We would need to get more information from you. How do you discover the VLAN?

• DHCP DVD?
  • LLDP?
  • CDP?

Please be aware that as a Poly employee I am unable to provide free support via the community.

We would need to see some logs as follows:

Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Event 1

Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > VVX after 5.5.0 = 1000

Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > DHCP Client > Event 1

Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > CDP > Event 1
Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > LLDP > Event 1

Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Configuration > Event 1

I can see an odd message in the logs:

ExtractOptions: DHCP ACK message failed initial validation

We also would need to see your configuration. Most likely this needs to come into support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

Based on the MAC provided NANJING SOUTHERN TELECOM CO LTD sold this phone back in 03/08/2018

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help!

We are using the Juniper switch as below information:

Juniper

Type:EX2200

interface configuration as below:

ads.xguo@SHBSW1005> show configuration | display set | match ge-0/0/40

set interfaces ge-0/0/40 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode access

set interfaces ge-0/0/40 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members Wired_LAN_30F

set ethernet-switching-options voip interface ge-0/0/40.0 vlan LYNC-HARDPHONE-SFB

set ethernet-switching-options voip interface ge-0/0/40.0 forwarding-class expedited-forwarding

PS: Wired_LAN_30F is for laptops.  VLAN ID=40

LYNC-HARDPHONE-SFB is for Polycom Phone.  VLAN ID= 305

We are using the LLDP and information as below:

LLDP                      : Enabled

Advertisement interval    : 30 seconds

Transmit delay            : 2 seconds

Hold timer                : 4 seconds

Notification interval     : 0 Second(s)

Config Trap Interval      : 0 seconds

Connection Hold timer     : 300 seconds

Port ID TLV subtype       : locally-assigned

I had logged 2 files with 2 phones. (capture the log on the same switch,and the port configuration is totally same )

one is working phone with software 5.7.2 as attachment name [VX411 5.7.2 working Phone]

another one is Vlan issue phone with software 5.9.5 as attachment name [VX411 5.9.5 Vlan Issue Phone]

Please help. thanks a lot!!

HP Recommended

additional information add.

All the test is after the factory default.  so I think there is no other configuration on the phones.

HP Recommended

Hello @eric.kuo ,

Looking at the working log:

000021.151|lldp |1|00|Sending LLDP packet with length (lldpPktLen= 359)
000021.158|lldp |1|00|Received LLDP packet from f0 1c 2d 59 ca db.
000021.158|lldp |3|00|Received LLDP packet requesting change to Auxiliary VLAN Id 305
000021.158|lldp |1|00|Storing chassisID : 02-07-04-f0-1c-2d-54-f5-00 and Length is (9)
000021.158|lldp |1|00|Storing portID : 04-04-07-37-39-31-00-00-00 and Length is (6)
000021.160|lldp |3|00|Received LLDP packet with Auxiliary VLAN Id 305
000021.162|cfg  |3|00|RT|cfgRtUpdateVlanId:Setting 802.1Q VLAN Id from LLDP/CDP.

in comparison with the non-working:

000021.431|lldp |1|00|Sending LLDP packet with length (lldpPktLen= 361)
000021.436|lldp |1|00|Received LLDP packet from f0 1c 2d 59 ca d9.
000021.437|lldp |1|00|Storing chassisID : 02-07-04-f0-1c-2d-54-f5-00 and Length is (9)
000021.437|lldp |1|00|Storing portID : 04-04-07-37-38-39-00-00-00 and Length is (6)
000021.438|lldp |3|00|lldpProcessRecvPacket: Received LLDP packet with Native VlanId 305

something seems wrong but I would need to see this in support to try and replicate.

I already outlined the next steps.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Just an update,

at present this is being dealt with via 1-14966581021

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Where can I found more information about this case : “at present this is being dealt with via 1-14966581021”

we have a simular situation with Junos Fusion Enterprise and EX3400 switches and like to see the solution.

HP Recommended

Hello @Jab2020 

the issue was on the Juniper side in case 1-14966581021 as we determined that the Juniper switch was not following the IEEE standard aka IEEE 802.1Q-2014, Annex D, Section 2.1

• The Port VLAN ID TLV is an optional fixed length TLV that allows a VLAN Bridge Port to advertise the port VLAN identifier (PVID) that is associated with untagged or priority tagged frames

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update. I am the requester and After a long time troubleshooting, we have already resolved the issue.

How to fix:

Rename all the voice Vlan name...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.