Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey,

When I'm calling somebody, everything works fine. our pattern is 9(outgoing line)123(area code)-123-4567.

The problem starts when I'm trying to make a conference call (3-way), after pressing "more" and "conference" I get a dial tone, but after dialing 9 digits I got a record says "this call cannot be complete as dialed" before I even finish typing the whole number.

BTW, I can add to the conference call an internal extension (only 3 digits) and merge the calls together as it should be.

This is the dialmap as default,

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

I'm not sure if this is the problem and what I should change there.

Roy.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Roy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage all users to read the Welcome Post,  the FAQ and use the Forum Search.

The answer to your query can be found => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So if I'm dialing 9+number, do I need to change it from:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

To:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

OR to:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[9]xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

?

HP Recommended

Sorry for "bumping" but still no answer and I don't want to make mistakes that will break the phone.

HP Recommended

Hello Roy,

I had already pointed you at the digitmap FAQ and hoped you would figure the answer by reading the Post.

I modified the Post in addition today to add more Info but here comes the explanation.

You are dialing 9123123456. These are 10 Digits.

As explained in the Post the Digitmap will match the string and then send the Number.

Your Digitmap matching above is [2-9]xxxxxxxxx but only allows 9 digits.

Changing it to [2-9]xxxxxxxxxx would allow 10

If above helps you in your case please mark the Post as fixed so other users can find this solution.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.