Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Can't make the second call for conference call (3-way)

Roy_A-W
Visitor

Can't make the second call for conference call (3-way)

Hey,

When I'm calling somebody, everything works fine. our pattern is 9(outgoing line)123(area code)-123-4567.

The problem starts when I'm trying to make a conference call (3-way), after pressing "more" and "conference" I get a dial tone, but after dialing 9 digits I got a record says "this call cannot be complete as dialed" before I even finish typing the whole number.

BTW, I can add to the conference call an internal extension (only 3 digits) and merge the calls together as it should be.

This is the dialmap as default,

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

I'm not sure if this is the problem and what I should change there.

Roy.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Can't make the second call for conference call (3-way)

Hello Roy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage all users to read the Welcome Post,  the FAQ and use the Forum Search.

The answer to your query can be found => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
Roy_A-W
Visitor

So if I'm dialing 9+number, do I need to change it from:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

To:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

OR to:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[9]xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

?

Message 3 of 5
Roy_A-W
Visitor

Sorry for "bumping" but still no answer and I don't want to make mistakes that will break the phone.

Message 4 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Roy,

I had already pointed you at the digitmap FAQ and hoped you would figure the answer by reading the Post.

I modified the Post in addition today to add more Info but here comes the explanation.

You are dialing 9123123456. These are 10 Digits.

As explained in the Post the Digitmap will match the string and then send the Number.

Your Digitmap matching above is [2-9]xxxxxxxxx but only allows 9 digits.

Changing it to [2-9]xxxxxxxxxx would allow 10

If above helps you in your case please mark the Post as fixed so other users can find this solution.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 5