Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

FYI, I just updated UCS firmware from 5.8.2 to 5.9.0 and noticed that I am not able to set EHS mode to Plantronics.  Comparing UCS Admin Guide, 5.8.1 and 5.9.0, I noticed the default up.analogHeadsetOption value is changed from No EHS-compatible headset is attached to Plantronics EHS-compatible headset is attached.

With 5.8.1, reboot is not required, but 5.9.0 is.  Interesting thing is the phone with UCS 5.9.0 default is "No EHS-compatible hedset is attached" setting, not Plantronics EHS, and if I select Plantronics, the phone reboots, but it set back to "No EHS ~" setting after reboot.

Just curious whether this is known issue or not. 

At this moment, I rolled back UCS firmware to 5.8.2.4732 and the headset setting works flawlessly.

- UCS Admin Guide: 5.8.1

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/ucs-ag-5-8-1/page/r-ucs-ag-headset-and-speakerphone-parameters....

- UCS Admin Guide: 5.9.0

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/ucs-ag-5-9-0/page/r-ucs-ag-headset-and-speakerphone-parameters....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Chad_A,

Thanks for your reply.  I noticed the setting properly remained once I factory resetted the phone manually.  I confirmed Plantronics EHS setting was the default setting and select it explicitly with  up.analogHeadsetOption="2" in my provisioning file.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi Domosute

I don't see this issue here but curious of a few things:

Was the phone fully configured with desired configuration before the upgrade to 5.9.0? Or was the upgrade done and then the configuration was applied (and caused the failure)? If the phone is on 5.9.0 and reset to default, then all the same config applied, does the issue still happen?

Thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

Hi Chad_A,

Thanks for your reply.  I noticed the setting properly remained once I factory resetted the phone manually.  I confirmed Plantronics EHS setting was the default setting and select it explicitly with  up.analogHeadsetOption="2" in my provisioning file.

Best regards,

HP Recommended

The issue is likely that you have the serial port enabled. To use EHS you'll need to disable the serial port on 5.9.0. We changed this for an intermittent issue we found internally.

To resolve you should make sure to disable the serial port.

device.set="1"

device.serial.enable.set="1"

device.serial.enable="0"

We'll sort out the knowledgebase to better clarify this. Since customers don't typically use the UART on the serial port so disabling it should have no negative impact.

HP Recommended

Once again thank for sharing the knowledge!
In my provisioning file, I see "device.set="1" but neither "device.serial.enable.set" nor "device.serial.enable" are defined, I am assumning I should explicitly define them to prevent EHS issue?

Also I noticed that Acoustic fence feature can co-exsist with EHS setting with 5.9.0, I am happy for that. (I used to have looping issue with previous release)

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/VVX-601-reboot-loop-when-up-analogHeadsetOption-is-...

HP Recommended

"I am assumning I should explicitly define them to prevent EHS issue?"

You can do this to prevent the issue yes but ultimately you shouldn't need to do this. The parameter may have been in config at some point previously and never disabled/removed. The factory reset removed it. Either way disabling will prevent the issue from showing up again and will keep you from having to factory reset any other phones.

HP Recommended

I have a VVX411 running 5.5.2, and I recently purchased a Plantronics CS540 with an APP-51 EHS.

After connecting everything, and changing the hookswitch mode from "Regular" to "Plantronics EHS", the phone reboots and after rebooting, the system reverts back to "Regular". 

Any help is appreicated. 

HP Recommended

Hello @bduncan ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Both the community's Must Read First and the community's FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

As you have not attached any kind of log or a backup we can only assume that the issue is caused by a configuration being used.

The suggested configuration was already provided and I attached a file which you should be import using the Web Intereface:

Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

In addition UC Software 5.5.2 is no longer a supported version so please upgrade to something more current like UC Software 5.9.1

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@domosute

Had the same issue. Rollback resolved it for me too. Not clear if Polycom recognizes the problem in the firmware, though. Their responses are always incomprehensible. 

HP Recommended

Hello @hochmand ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As already explained by my colleague this is a firmware issue in later releases aka 5.9.0 and 5.9.1 and can be corrected with the configuration he explained and provided.

• Please download the DisableSerialPort.zip file attached to this reply
  • Unzip the file so you have DisableSerialPort.cfg
  • Import this via the Web Interface on your phone browsing to Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration and select the DisableSerialPort.cfg

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.