Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Can you have audio go through headset and handset concurrently on IP650 ?

Visitor

Can you have audio go through headset and handset concurrently on IP650 ?

Hello,

We've just configured a bunch of phones (IP650) in our Asterisk call centre and are having trouble trying to replicate one of the features that we used to have on our old Cisco phones.......basically, if an agent was talking on headset to a customer, a supervisor could lift the handset of the phone and listen in. 

On the IP650 it seems if you lift the handset in this scenario you take over the channel and the headset loses it.

Is there a configuration option (sometimes described as "Group Listen" or "Monitor" in Cisco world), that is configurable on the Polycoms ?

Cheers

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Can you have audio go through headset and handset concurrently on IP650 ?

Hello pozza,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am quite sure Asterisk offers more sophisticated methods of supervising Agents than having to physically walk to a phone and listen into the conversation.

I am not aware of our Polycom Phones supporting the mentioned method so my only advice would be to contact your Polycom Reseller and work with them to submit a Feature Request once you provide a Business case for this to be possibly implemented into future Software Releases.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Visitor

Re: Can you have audio go through headset and handset concurrently on IP650 ?

Hi Steffen,

"

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

I am quite sure Asterisk offers more sophisticated methods of supervising Agents than having to physically walk to a phone and listen into the conversation.

Yes, it does, but it means the call then remains with Asterisk, whereas, we prefer the voice-gateway to handset channel to be separate to Asterisk after the initial call set-up (SIP reinvites on hangup). This means that if Asterisk crashes during the call,  the call will not be cut-off.

It's a question of choice as to whether walking to a phone is better or worse. In our call centre it's the way they work - it may be because an agent is having difficulty and it helps to have the supervisor standing alongside them, or whatever....

I will try to find out a way to get this raised as a feature request - I'm not conviced the "Polycom Reseller" will add any value to this process, but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3