Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Cannot Upgrade Firmware on VVX 500

SOLVED
JKuder
Occasional Visitor

Cannot Upgrade Firmware on VVX 500

I currently have a phone that is using firmware version 4.1.6.2942 and am trying to upgrade it to a more recent version. I keep getting the following error when trying to install the upgrade

"Updater Has Incorrect Signature"

How do I get around this?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Cannot Upgrade Firmware on VVX 500

Hello @JKuder ,

We have no idea how you came to this unit.

It is Poly property and should have been returned. Please dispose of the unit in a manner appropriate to your region and laws for recycling electronic components.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @JKuder ,

Welcome to the Poly Community. Your post was placed in the wrong section and has been moved here.

Can you tell us a bit more about the history of this phone? The original version is ancient and I am wondering if this was either a BETA unit being shipped or a Phone send by Poly Support to troubleshoot an issue.

• If BETA or ALPHA there will be a clear label on the back of the unit. 
  • If shipped by Poly support the countdown when pressing cancel with either be from 99 or state it is a development signed unit

To cut a long story short if any of the above you cannot upgrade the unit and it should have been returned to Poly.

If the above is not applicable please share the device serial number starting with 0004F or 64167F

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
JKuder
Occasional Visitor

The label on the back says VVX 500 Development. Serial # is 0004F282EDCC

Message 3 of 6
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @JKuder ,

As stated this unit is Poly property and should have been shipped back to Poly once the test was complete. These are not for resale and you cannot use this unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 4 of 6
JKuder
Occasional Visitor

So, it is useless to me then. This cannot be replaced with a working unit?

Message 5 of 6
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @JKuder ,

We have no idea how you came to this unit.

It is Poly property and should have been returned. Please dispose of the unit in a manner appropriate to your region and laws for recycling electronic components.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6