Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

For the sake of me I cannot get my browser to access the Web Server of my VVX 410:

• In "Advanced settings>Web Server Configuration" on the phone, Web Server is Enabled and Web Config Mode is set to HTTP/HTTPS.
  • I can ping the phone IP alright, but when I hit it with a browser in HTTP the connection is refused, and in HTTPS I get "The document requested was not found on this server".
  • The only thing that I can think of that could cause a problem is the central provisioning, but in the VVX 410 Administrator's Guide, it clearly states that the Web Configuration Changes overrides Provisioning Server, and that the manual settings on the phone are supposed to override everything else.
  • But could the Provisioning Server disable the local Web Server of the phone even though it is set as enabled in the advanced config?
  • Or is it something else entirely?

Note that I cannot reset the phone to Factory default until I can back up the current config, and to back up the current config I believe I need access to the web server!!!
This drives me mad. Please help!

ZeFox

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @ZeFox ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The documentation is correct. When you make a change via the Phone UI it will have the highest priority and overwrite anything else. If the Phone UI states the HTTP interface is enabled and you still cannot get to it using the "normal" ports then your config may have changed the ports to something obscure.

Without looking at the files on the provisioning server I can only assume this. You can partially delete configuration sources via the Admin Menu so I suggest looking at this option. If this fails its a factory reset.

If this still won't get you further, and no other volunteer and/or community search can help you then it would be a support ticket via your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

• First the administrative situation is quite unusual:
    The phone was bought by my company a long time ago from a business provider, which since has merged twice, and the order was buried into thousands of others. Needless to say my chances of getting support if going that way are close to null.
    Poly, as you mentioned, does not take care of end user support, and the current provisionner is no better help since they do not provide support to end user either.
    The phone is now home and mine, but the business line is still provisioned and I would like to add my personal line. The phone admin pwd was given to me by my Corporate Director of IT and I'll be very annoyed, as an IT engineer, if I have to come back to him for more. On the other hand if I do a factory reset without understanding what is wrong, I may end up with no line at all and I'll be screwed.
  • Now, regarding the technical situation, when you say "You can partially delete configuration sources via the Admin Menu so I suggest looking at this option", I'm not sure what to look for, can you explain a bit more?

Thanks a lot,

ZeFox

HP Recommended

Hello @ZeFox ,

Our FAQ explains this in:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please be aware that Polycom traditionally never supported end customers as the complexity of the product simply does not allow this.

Our official resellers are trained and talented enough to work simple cases and if something more complex comes along they can escalate into Poly.

We have a wide range of Public Admin guides and/or this community and its FAQ's and/or our KNOVA knowledge base to deal with more complex issues.

If this fails an end-user can opt for the PPI aka Pay Per Incident way forward.

I still assume the Ports have been changed from the regular 80/443 and this can only be changed via a Provisioning server or Access to the Web Interface. Maybe a Port Scan will tell you?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi @SteffenBaierUK ,

I'm making very little progress.

There are no other ports open but SSH and 443 within the first 1024 ones, but port 5060 (SIP) is open.

More interestingly, Polycom ZTP is Enabled on the phone and I believe it is used, although I have no experience at all with it so don't know what I could trace to capture what the provisioning is sending.

What I'm thinking now is if I could replicate the config on a softphone SIP client on my PC and access the line from there, then I could both analyze what the autoprovisioning is doing and also I wouldn't mind factory reset the phone since I would have enough parameters to put it back as it was in case of misconfiguration.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.