Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I was upgrading the phone to the lastest version (5.3.0.12074) via the web based browser of the phone connected to its own local ip address

After the upgrade the web page didn't respond anymore, and now it shows 

"This webpage is not available"

I checked  the Web Server is enabled on the phone and Web config mode is on HTTPS Only, so that's not the reason

I did a factory reset and still cannot connect to the phone

Other phones are working fine

Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Simon24,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Both the Release Notes and the community's VoIP FAQ  state that since UC Software 5.3.0 as follows:

• For VVX phones set to the Generic base profile, HTTPS is mandatory and enabled by default whereas HTTP is disabled by default. For phones set to the Lync base profile, HTTP and HTTPS are disabled by default. Administrators can enable or disable HTTP or HTTPS in the configuration files or on the phone. See the Polycom UC Software Administrator Guide for information on enabling HTTP or HTTPS.

So if you are running a Generic SIP profile you need to use https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to access your phone or enable HTTP in the menu.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Simon24,

Both the Release Notes and the community's VoIP FAQ  state that since UC Software 5.3.0 as follows:

• For VVX phones set to the Generic base profile, HTTPS is mandatory and enabled by default whereas HTTP is disabled by default. For phones set to the Lync base profile, HTTP and HTTPS are disabled by default. Administrators can enable or disable HTTP or HTTPS in the configuration files or on the phone. See the Polycom UC Software Administrator Guide for information on enabling HTTP or HTTPS.

So if you are running a Generic SIP profile you need to use https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to access your phone or enable HTTP in the menu.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Every time the phone is accessed through the settings screen and switched from HTTPS to HTTP the phone re-boots as it should then sets the phone back to HTTPS automatically. I am doing the "Save and Exit" Have tried to re boot the phone and set this many times including "HTTPS/HTTP" without luck.

HP Recommended

So I can connect to the phone through HTTPS but I want to set it back to HTTP. That is where I am having the issue after doing the firmware upgrade to 5.3.0.12074

Did not have an issue setting the phone to HTTP prior to the upgrade.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

It looks like it is an issue in that Firmware. I rolled back to firmware: 5.2.2.0501 and it now allows me to change the phone to accept HTTP or HTTPS/HTTP.

HP Recommended

Hello Jmperri08,

Please raise this via your Polycom reseller with Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.