Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

We are starting to use two new asterisk servers that are setup with a DNS SRV record so that they can fail over if necessary.  From the 4.1 manual, 

DNS SIP Server Name Resolution
If a DNS name is given for a proxy/registrar address, the IP address(es) associated with that
name will be discovered as specified in RFC 3263. If a port is given, the only lookup will be an A
record. If no port is given, NAPTR and SRV records will be tried, before falling back on A
records if NAPTR and SRV records return no results. If no port is given, and none is found
through DNS, 5060 will be used. If the registration type is Transport Layer Security (TLS), 5061
will be used as the port number. See RFC 3263 for an example.

In my per phone config, i have   reg.1.server.1.address=".*****.net" - but the phone is not registering, and The log showed me that I'm getting an A record, even though i did not specify a port - Should i be using another value than reg.1.server.1.address?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello NatelBroadband,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest you try this with a currently supported version. UCS 4.0.6 or UCS 4.0.5.

In addition the FAQ shoes this post:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry, my being in a hurry.  4.1.4 is the software version

HP Recommended

Hello NatelBroadband,

In that case UCS 4.1.7 is the latest Version.

There is also UCS 5.0.2 to be considered.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Right, but What about using SRV records in the phone config?

HP Recommended

Hello NatelBroadband,

Please check the DNS-SRV section in the admin guide.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello, 

i did, read the admin guide,and i copied it into my first post in this thread.  That is why i started the thread, because the guide is not clear enough with an implementation example.  We have two servers, that are linked in a SRV record.  

How do we reference them correctly in the per phone config?

Do we use reg.1.server.1 and reg.1.server.2 or refer to the SRV record directly?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello Natel,

You can use either configuration. 1 server, using the SRV record, or server.1 and server.2, using the IPs/hostname of the servers.

In our environment we use server.1 and server.2, however this means the phones maintain active registrations to both servers, they don't fail from one to the other, so this is something you need to consider, in regards to how your servers work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.