Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have searched the boards, Google, etc. and have not found a solution as to why I cannot upgrade my Soundstation.  I have bootrom 4.3.1.0440 and SIP 3.3.3.0069.  I have reset the phone with the 1/3/5/7 key combo, I have reset the local and web configs as well. Numerous times.  I download the proper software for the phone.

I have tried using server types of FTP, TFTP, and HTTP and none of these work - however I am able to manually access the files through FTP or HTTP.  I see no indication on the logs of the servers that the phone is even attempting to access them. I have tried entering my server address as 192.168.001.025 and 192.168.1.25 and neither work.  The phone is on the same VLAN and switch as the FTP/TFTP/HTTP server.  I am able to ping the phone from the server and access the HTTP config of the phone.  I have even put it onto a switch with just the server and the phone and it still does not even see the boot server.  I have tried static and DHCP for the phone.

Any thoughts as to what I could possibly be doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Mfalenski,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We would need a wireshark trace from a spanned port to see what the phone is doing. I assume the phone itself works and registers to a SIP server?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I do have it connected and working with our phone system, an Allworx 48x and it works fine.  I was told to get it updated to the latest versions for better compatibility and security. 

I will try to get the logs posted shortly.

Thanks,

Matt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.