Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a multi-layered problem.

The first part of the problem is that I have several Polycom Trio 8800 devices that are provisioned to trio.zoom.us to use as a Zoom Rooms controller.  The devices are now unable to log into Zoom Rooms, and when I direct the user to do so with a valid Zoom Rooms login and/or activation code, it says:  "Security Warning: Untrusted Server Certificate | You are unable to connect to Zoom because the security certificate presented could not be verified. Contact your IT department for assistance."  There are no settings options when this appears.

I tried to https into these devices through their IPs to see if I can update the Zoom cert.  However, each device was left at the default 456 password before I sent them to the offices (I know, my bad).  So the second part of the problem is that when I try to https into them, it brings me to a blank page that says "Default admin password is in use. Change the password.", and it has no option to change the password or get into the admin page like normal.

Could these two issues be related?  I could have my users try to manually change the password at the device, but they're locked into the trio.zoom.us provisioning, so I'm not sure it could be done at the device level using Menu Key => select Settings => select Advanced => current Password =>  select Admin Settings => scroll to Change Admin Password.  Is there any way to either bypass the Zoom provisioning and let the user change the password in the device settings, or preferably, remotely change the password of the devices when it's throwing the "Default admin password is in use" error?

I also found this article with a similar issue, but it's for devices provisioned to MS Lync, so I don't think they're related, plus I didn't see an actual solution there:  https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/quot-Default-Admin-is-in-use-please-contact-your-ad...

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello @StefanScherbik ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

As far as I am aware you cannot make a change on the underlying Poly UC Software until the room is paired.

Another customer posted a slightly different issue >here< and he could gain access to the Poly settings.

I would assume you have to factory reset these and then set up the password and move forward after this.

After this the only certificate that I am aware relating to Zoom is posted >here< but it should not be applicable as long as you are running UC Software 5.9.3 Rev AB >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the reply!

Argh, understood, I'll try factory resetting the device and then see if I can re-provision it remotely.  I'll reply if that works later on.

HP Recommended

Factory reset worked, I was able to https into the device, change the password, and re-provision it to trio.zoom.us.  Thanks Steffen!

However, I now need to wait until tomorrow to find out if it worked 100% because the people I was helping are in Minnesota in the USA, where riots are currently occurring, and they had to leave their office before we could finish getting their Trio 8800 set up.  You can't make this stuff up, folks.

HP Recommended

Hi Trio community

Has the factory reset , update to latest and greatest available Trio firmware as a proper web access finally solved your actual issue that you could not pair the Trio8800 with a Zoom Room client because of following message?

Security Warning: Untrusted Server Certificate | You are unable to connect to Zoom because the security certificate presented could not be verified. Contact your IT department for assistance."  There are no settings options when this appears.

Thanks for feedback. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Dieg0o ,

It would be helpful if you could let us know if you are using a currently supported software like UC Software 5.9.4 rev AB as the latest software uses the latest ZOOM APK.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello everyone, 

Am also experiencing the cert error.

I have successfully updated ZR software to 5.0.5 (898.0703)

And my Trio 8500 UC version is 5.9.4.7038

Anyone aware of how to update this cert?  

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I am having the same error and currently have 4 Trios down that are used as Zoom room controllers. 

Poly told me I need to get new certificates from Zoom. I found the TLS certificates from Zoom and the Trios will not accept the files. 

Has anyone successfully fixed this issue as a factory restore and upgrading the software did not work for me?

HP Recommended

Hello @whyt4243 ,

It would be helpful if you could:

• Provide the details of the currently used software on the Trio?
  • Provide details of the cert that you try to add to the Trio and any errors you get?
    What format is this in and how are you trying?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, 

The 4 trios are running 5.9.4.7038 allowing Zoom version 5.05. 

I followed the advise of Poly CS to get the Zoom certificate which can be found here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360044092031-Conference-Room-Connector-TLS-Certificates.

The error I receive when trying to install the certificate is this certificate is not compatible. 

Factory resets did not solve this issue either. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.