Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Change VVX 400/410 Softkey Function

Occasional Visitor

Change VVX 400/410 Softkey Function

We currently have some Polycom VVX 400 phones running UCS 5.4.0 and we wanted to change the function of the DND softkey.  I found this article for some SoundPoint IP 560's that we have and it functions perfectly (here).  I was wanting to do the same on our VVX series but it looks like they only have the softkey and menu option.  Is there a way to change the default function to work the same way as the IP560 phones do where it sends a '*76' call to update Asterisk and also updates the phone status?  Thanks for any help on this.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Change VVX 400/410 Softkey Function

Hello jarsever,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition you may want to disable the standard DND Softkey:

<test softkey.feature.doNotDisturb="0" />

and in addition the Menu Icon

<test homeScreen.doNotDisturb.enable="1" />

If you actually wanted to do it properly this guide => here <= provides information to utilize the SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY method.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2