Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Change default ring tone for IP550 in provisioning template - UC 3.3.1

pjr
Occasional Advisor

Change default ring tone for IP550 in provisioning template - UC 3.3.1

Hi ,

Can someone please advise me on how to change the default ringtone for all calls made to an IP550 in the provisioning template?

I have a VoIP system where I can create multiple templates for provisioning of Polycom handsets and need to have 2 seperate ones that force differing sets of IP550's to have different default ring tones (ie for every call - not specific calls using SIP INFO) on the same system.

I can see in the admin guide where to set differing ring tones for specific calls but need to set this for all calls on specific handsets.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Change default ring tone for IP550 in provisioning template - UC 3.3.1

Hello Paul,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The quickest way to check this when running UCS 3.3.0 or newer is to make the change on the Phone itself. The Phone will then upload it's <mac>-phone.cfg containing the relevant Parameter.

UCS 3.3.0 Example:

reg.1.ringType="ringer4"

would ring as Medium Trill on Line 1.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2