Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Phone Information
Phone Model VVX 400
Part Number 3111-46157-002 Rev:A
MAC Address 00:04:F2:DF:D8:46
UC Software Version 5.9.0.9373
Updater Version 5.9.7.11143

Voice Switch: Broadsoft

Human action:
Long press on BLF now with this new firmware gives option for Park or Blind both in config, and also on the phone, including selecting during a call, depending on configuration.. That's awesome!!! Thanks, Polycom! Woot (not being sarcastic; I truly am appreciative). Here's my issue..

Everything works as expected/hoped.. except.. when I press to select park for a given BLF, the feature uses FAC *68, and I need it to use *86..I have found syntax to update Retrieval and Directed Call Pickup as described =>HERE<= and also referenced with new Enhanced BLF parameters =>HERE<== 

Parameters:

call.parkedCallRetrieveString="[*code]"
call.directedCallPickupString="[*code]"

I'm looking for something like:

call.parkedCallParkString

..where values would be *codes just like the other two. [see "footnote" 1 below if interested..]

Last thing - before we circle around to setting up a softkey to use the *86 FAC, that we can do. (see one of my previous replies) That's not the issue.. it's just that one setting....

I will also submit via our vendor/direct as a Polycom partner); I'm just curious to know if anyone else has tried this and/or if someone is aware of parameter syntax to set the *park* string. Thanks y'all!

(I have left out the other requested information like phone logs because as far as I can see this comes down to either there's a parameter/syntax or there isn't. Phone is behaving just fine and as programmed)

[Footnote1: (the tense in my example is of course incorrect with regards to the fact that a call can't be parked until the Park string is processed, but hopefully the point comes across.)]

[Footnote2: (non-referenced) .. as things are currently, when I use the feature and try to park a call I end up blocking my outbound Caller ID because that's what we have *68 set to do.. so I know the feature is working in terms of dialing a string, it's just the wrong string..]

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Danny_Unger_360,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The parameter call.parkedCallString exists in the UCS configuration system. It’s in the sip-interop.cfg template

I opened a Documentation Bug so it gets added to the Admin Guide

Jan 14, 2015 Question:Finding the default values for configuration parameters for Polycom Phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, Steffen! I look forward to working on this today. Thank you for also pointing out the extra parameters (that may not have made it into the Admin guide.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.