Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Changing *Park* action string for native Polycom Park feature (enabled via Enhanced Call Park)

Highlighted

Changing *Park* action string for native Polycom Park feature (enabled via Enhanced Call Park)

Phone Information
Phone Model VVX 400
Part Number 3111-46157-002 Rev:A
MAC Address 00:04:F2:DF:D8:46
UC Software Version 5.9.0.9373
Updater Version 5.9.7.11143

Voice Switch: Broadsoft

Human action:
Long press on BLF now with this new firmware gives option for Park or Blind both in config, and also on the phone, including selecting during a call, depending on configuration.. That's awesome!!! Thanks, Polycom! Woot (not being sarcastic; I truly am appreciative). Here's my issue..

Everything works as expected/hoped.. except.. when I press to select park for a given BLF, the feature uses FAC *68, and I need it to use *86..I have found syntax to update Retrieval and Directed Call Pickup as described =>HERE<= and also referenced with new Enhanced BLF parameters =>HERE<== 

Parameters:

call.parkedCallRetrieveString="[*code]"
call.directedCallPickupString="[*code]"

I'm looking for something like:

call.parkedCallParkString

..where values would be *codes just like the other two. [see "footnote" 1 below if interested..]

Last thing - before we circle around to setting up a softkey to use the *86 FAC, that we can do. (see one of my previous replies) That's not the issue.. it's just that one setting....

I will also submit via our vendor/direct as a Polycom partner); I'm just curious to know if anyone else has tried this and/or if someone is aware of parameter syntax to set the *park* string. Thanks y'all!

(I have left out the other requested information like phone logs because as far as I can see this comes down to either there's a parameter/syntax or there isn't. Phone is behaving just fine and as programmed)

[Footnote1: (the tense in my example is of course incorrect with regards to the fact that a call can't be parked until the Park string is processed, but hopefully the point comes across.)]

[Footnote2: (non-referenced) .. as things are currently, when I use the feature and try to park a call I end up blocking my outbound Caller ID because that's what we have *68 set to do.. so I know the feature is working in terms of dialing a string, it's just the wrong string..]

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Changing *Park* action string for native Polycom Park feature (enabled via Enhanced Call Park)

Hello @Danny_Unger_360,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The parameter call.parkedCallString exists in the UCS configuration system. It’s in the sip-interop.cfg template

I opened a Documentation Bug so it gets added to the Admin Guide

Jan 14, 2015 Question:Finding the default values for configuration parameters for Polycom Phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Re: Changing *Park* action string for native Polycom Park feature (enabled via Enhanced Call Park)

Thanks, Steffen! I look forward to working on this today. Thank you for also pointing out the extra parameters (that may not have made it into the Admin guide.)

Message 3 of 3