Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is it possible to change the time server and GMT offset from the physical phone by going to Network Configuration > SNTP server?

My phone is using HTTPS provisioning and as I understand web portal settings override server downloaded configuration, but when I change SNTP server and offset on the phone itself it does not change the time after reboot.

PLease advise.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Nikita,

that completely depends what the DHCP server sends the phone.

I suggest you check here:

Jan 28, 2013 QuestionTime and Date flashing or unable to set time correctly

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

My DHCP server has no time set on it. Also I set 

tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP="1"

So that DHCP server wont override polycom time.

HP Recommended

Hello Nikita,

does the HTTPS server allow to store the Web overrides or there won't be any changes for the phone to load after a restart depending on the yet unknown software.

I suggest you check the logs of the phone.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, HTTPS server allows overrides. When I change something on the web portal it it overrides server settings, for example NTP server and GMT offset. But when I do it on the phone itself in Admin Settings > Netrwork Configuration > SNTP Server it is applied.

HP Recommended

Hello Nikita,

that does not really answer the question.

Does the https server allow a PUT and does the phone running the unknown software upload a <mac>-phone.cfg or <mac>-web.cfg file containing the configuration change to the HTTPS Server?

I suggest you contact your Polycom reseller and / or Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Maybe I explained it wrong way.

Is there a way to change time server and offset on the phone not with provisioning server  and not with web portal?

HP Recommended

Hello Nikita,

the Phone GUI only allows you to add/change a SNTP server and set the offset time but it does not allow you to set the DHCPoverride Parameter.

Usually if no DHCP timeserver is provided the phone will end up flashing a random time on the screen. Providing a SNTP address via the GUI or Web Interface should enable the phone to contact the NTP server and then show the time.

Still not knowing what software version you are running on the unknown phone may affect above statement and I had therefore recommended to contact your Polycom reseller for further support.

The FAQ post I linked above shows how to troubleshoot this via the phone logs.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

We are running Polycom 450 , software version 3.2.2. 

DHCP  does not provide time server. When I make a change on phone GUI, it is not applied and the time does not change.

HP Recommended

Hello Nikita,

my final advise, apart from contacting your Polycom reseller, is to at least install a currently supported software.

For the SPIP450 that would be UCS 4.1.0, or UCS 4.0.4, or UCS 3.3.5 or at least SIP 3.2.6

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.