Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I resently changed a default polycom password for one of phones, by placing(in x***.cfg) :

<device device.set="1" device.auth.localAdminPassword="newpassword" device.auth.localAdminPassword.set="1" />

before this line:

<reg reg.1.displayName=""

her is the structure of my config files:

Mac.cfg:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Edit and rename this file to <Ethernet-address>.cfg for each phone.-->
<!-- $RCSfile: 000000000000.cfg,v $  $Revision: 1.14.22.4 $ -->
<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" CONFIG_FILES="x***.cfg, phone1.cfg, sip.cfg" MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="" OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY="" CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="" LICENSE_DIRECTORY="">
<APPLICATION_SPIP300 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP300="sip_212.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP300="phone1_212.cfg, sip_212.cfg"/>
<APPLICATION_SPIP500 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP500="sip_212.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP500="phone1_212.cfg, sip_212.cfg"/>
</APPLICATION>

The problem is that I am only prompted with the password after clicking couple of times on polycom web links.

Please advice

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I've never tried changing the password in the script config.  I would recommend changing it back to normal and changing the password in the phone under the advanced settings.

HP Recommended

Hello,

this could simply be caused by the browsers cache.

Unsure what software is used on the phone as this information has not been posted but not aware from memory that we had a bug with the password.

Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The thing is that i need to change passwords to many phones in different locations. 

HP Recommended

Tried from different browsers and different computers

Firmware version 2.2.2

HP Recommended

Hi Nikita

have you tried the following:

<device.auth
        device.auth.localAdminPassword.set="1"
        device.auth.localAdminPassword="newpassword"
    />

you can also set a user password using the same concept:

<device.auth
        device.auth.localUserPassword.set="1"
        device.auth.localUserPassword="newpassword"
    />

Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers

Dave

HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

thanks for resurrecting such an old post.

The proposed first method is what Nikita, the original poster, was already using and he was not having an issue with the password itself but when he was challenged with it.

We also never found out what phone the poster was using this with and why he was running such an old release.

The method how to change the admin password is already documented in the FAQ as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.